PDA

View Full Version : Reshelling my XE

Gavinski
25-03-08, 07:59 PM
Evening folks,

Man not been on hear in a while, own fault really lol

Crashed my track car last year, so bought a mint shell and need to get my finger out and get it going now.

I'm not mechanical at i'm just looking for some advice on where to start with the reshell.

I know i need to get 2 fuel lines fitted, have bought a chassis strengthening kit and a f16 gearbox with a new slipper to go in.

So where do i start? get the engine dropped? Anything i need to watch for?

The engine coming out is only the 1.0, so is the fuel lines the only problem?

Interior wise it's just being stripped again with buckets and cage back in (if it's not bent) and maybe a digi dash i've got.

Other problem, which kinda caused the crash, is i'm got semi slicks and the nsr on my old car rubbed like hell.

Would spacers sort this?

Only realised this the night before a trackday and went on the track with 3 slicks.......sure you can guess what happened :tard: :cry: lol

Cheers

Gav

16v Nova Kev
25-03-08, 08:07 PM
i would try and get a gte tank with the 2 fuel lines in it

R1CH
25-03-08, 08:10 PM
Best bet is to totally strip the knackered shell of everything, give everything a good clean up / check over that your gonna re-use.
Once you've got your new shell painted ect ... start with things like fuel tank and fuel lines, brake lines, master cylinder, loom, dash ... then stick the running gear on, engine, gear box ect ... then all the bits to finish it off.
Not that difficult tbh.