PDA

View Full Version : guess the color

carltoncrazy
15-08-02, 08:52 PM
right help.
need to spray bonnet and need to know the right color,
yes i know the other paint will have afaided but its getting spray in 5 months so its jus to make it look closeish.
so what is it,i thought hayz vlue but i aint to sure now,
help
pixs of the car are in the galley under 1.3 sr and its ian arthurs,and yes the body right rough i know

locky
16-08-02, 10:26 AM
Open up your bonnet, wher the details of your car is, ther should be a colour code, write down the code, and speak to a bodyshop about the colour, otherwise, take it to a bodyshop, and they will have strips of colours on a cardboard thingy (cant think of the name of the thingy!), they will get the closest match possible.
Hope this helps!

carltoncrazy
16-08-02, 11:06 PM
yeh it does cheers

dave.gsi
16-08-02, 11:48 PM
this has reminded me i need to touch up my tailgate, slight rust bubles under the number plate........so can't b arsed with the bodyshop stuff just gonna get a can from halfords but can't remeber what the paints name is, its a red mk1 sr.........think it might b vauxhall flame red......any1 know for sure??

ade
17-08-02, 01:49 AM
dave could be flame red or carmine red - mines carmine red.

Hayzsr - body shop yer best bet - then when you know trip doen to halfords and get yerself 5 cans - better still pop into a motorworld or other motor somponents shop coz the car plan big 500ml cans are better than the halfords ones - cheaper too for the volume!

Remember to prep the bonnet too with 400 then 800 wet n dry (wet). When dry, thoroughly degrase using thinners and then spray aftermasking off stuff.

Ade
:wink:

Ben (lurk75)
17-08-02, 02:32 AM
+ Carplan smeels better than any other :wink:

When i was having my room done we used about40 cans of a art spray called montana from spain and this was fine, we used 1 can of carplan and had to evacuate the house.

carltoncrazy
18-08-02, 05:56 PM
yeh ade now wot ya mean with smartining it up but i just want it to look all right froma distance.to be honest it spends most of it time dirty so it dont matter bout runs.

fo0q
18-08-02, 09:58 PM
the cardboard thingies are called colour chips..

Just thought you might wanna know for future reference

locky
18-08-02, 10:10 PM
Cheers fooq, been thinking ov what they wer called all wekend, thanx again!!

Ben (lurk75)
18-08-02, 10:13 PM
i thought they were colour charts!