PDA

View Full Version : Multiple vehicle business insurance?

Lee
24-03-08, 04:14 PM
Anyone know of any good places to go after one of these policies? I know theyre expensive, but myself and my business partner have many many vehicles lol, and it would probably end up just as cheap and a lot less hassle to have one policy covering just us and any vehicle we happen to be driving at the time. He's got a van and two cars, and i have a van and soon to have another road going nova on the road.

Are they restricted to business use only? or can it be for business and leisure?

philly
24-03-08, 04:30 PM
a traders policy you will be able to use it for work and pleasure as far as i know. i think some of the larger companies like norwich union are supposed to be decent but ive heard of a couple of smaller branch ones being abit better to like swinton. but i think it all depends on what your insuring and who etc.

i know you can get the policy for the drivers to be insured in any car.

Lee
24-03-08, 04:48 PM
Im not sure im viable for a traders policy, as im not it t'trade? lol. Im an AV engineer. Thats why I thought there was a difference?

If I can, a trade policy would be ideal.

Jack
24-03-08, 06:11 PM
You need some kinda fleet insurance....?

I'm sure xxxxxNovagirlycurlywurlyxxxxxxxxxyz's dad has some kinda trade insurance where he can use it the cars for pleasure (oo-er) as he was on about putting the Nova on it. As to whether thats right though I don't have a clue as I always thought trade policies were for business use only.

Sky (http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/commercial/multi_vehicle_fleet.html) do fleet insurance, might be worth giving them a call and seeing what they can offer.

Lee
24-03-08, 06:30 PM
Thanks petal x :)

Clean 2.0 nova
05-04-08, 10:07 PM
I got a quote for a motor trade policy last year and found it reasonably cheap. I think it was around ?900 for me and my girlfriend to have up to 4 cars each (unmodified). As for been in the motortrade I don't see that it matters. I would ask what the insurers definition is in terms of turnover, I bet most don't stipulate any. Why would trading actually decrease the risk anyway?

They are also pretty competitive as the firm I was quoted from kept ringing me back to see If I'd gone elsewhere. This year I will go on a traders policy with my brother (living at a seperate adress) + partner as I've managed to get the policy on our cars to all end in july:thumb:.Then we can have up to 12 cars between us. The modified nova can also go on but will push the premium up a little.

I'm p'eed off having 3 insurance policy and been ripped off because they are all using different NCB years. I paid ?600 to insure the nova for 12 months and it was only on the road for a total of about 20 days:cry: .