PDA

View Full Version : URGENT - leccy window owners

ade
15-08-02, 02:03 AM
Hi guys.

Just want to ckeck with those of you that have instakkled leccy windows into yer novas where you put the wires to the fuse box. On the syetm I have I got 2 - 1 black and 1 red. unfortunately the holes that the are sposed to go in are not the same as the nova they came out of (ones got the central lockig power to it and the other is a black hole. It needs a 30 amp fuse - any suggestions on where to put the wires?

Will I need to splice them with other wires across a 30amp fuse?
Which wire goes to the top and bottom. Haynes doesnt say owt about red wire - its standard vauxhall mechanisms.

Also the cauxhall alarm I have has an auxillary wire for leccy windows andt says connect it to th vauxhall black/red (it could be brown/red - I cant rmember what the label said :() wire on the lecct windows - but I dont have one. Do any of you?

All help needed before 3pm Thursday - need to get them operating so i can fit glass...

Ade

kevw
15-08-02, 11:12 AM
My electric windows are on a seperate loom, the loom has just got an earth and a +12v, I just connect the +12v to another one on the back of the fuse box, I think I have a fuse on that wire too! You can either find a switched live (so ur windows only work when ignition on) or a constant live so they work all the time.

Not sure on colours :? but I will have a look later...

Kev.

rgv_stu
15-08-02, 02:05 PM
on the nova the seperate loom supplies the windows(switched live) and central locking (perm live)

the black is permanent ,red is switched

they plug into the front ,top right hand corner of thefusebox iirc

ade
17-08-02, 01:37 AM
chees - discovered the loom I had also had central ocking built into it so the red wire was part of the cengral locking system - removed it. the black wire I'm going to splice across the 30amp fuse for the windscreen wipers (as far as I know switched live and the only 30 amp fuse I have).

Can anyone confirm this is ok and also which side of the fuse to I attach it too? Top or bottom...

Ade
:?