PDA

View Full Version : Kill switches

dean_uk
14-08-02, 10:05 PM
Alright guyz, i posted the topic on all the alarms and loadsa ppl mentioned these kill switches to the ignition etc. Im sure my dad had an old cortina years ago and his mate had fitted this type of thing, but how easy is it to fit these things or does a pro have to do it?? and, is it that effective?? i dont wanna buy a car for some t*at to nick it.

Cheers

carltoncrazy
14-08-02, 11:03 PM
it isnt hard at all.skills i need i was taught in school.
hide them and dont tell any one where they are and there are very effective.so hide em

Ben (lurk75)
14-08-02, 11:23 PM
Basically just cut the ignition wire and route some wire to it and put a switch in the middle hide it up under the dash or somewhere out of reach and obvious places.

Normal things you can do are:

Fuel pump live, ignition live and live from the coil etc

Very effective basically its the same as what an immobiliser does.

dean_uk
14-08-02, 11:31 PM
dont suppose ne one can supply a guide to fitting one of these can ya? lol

Dean

carltoncrazy
14-08-02, 11:45 PM
good place to look is kit car mags,as we use them all the time instead of keys

Ben (lurk75)
14-08-02, 11:49 PM
All you need to do is cut a wire in half strip back 5mm wire both sides and get the switch solder the wire onto the lugs on the switch and insulate it.

Pratice on a spare piece of wire if unsure, or a garage will probably charge you about ?5-10 to fit one!

carltoncrazy
15-08-02, 12:53 AM
an example how NOT to do it,
when i brought my novait had a switch where the chocke cable would of been if it wasnt an sr
bet this.
so its where the thef wulda gone to pull the choke out to start it,and it cut.....................get ready for this...................................this is so brillant no1 ever thought of it.......................................my god i cant wait..........it cut the fucking cental locking,whats the fucking point hes already got into the car.lol
i found that funny,so i just solderd the wire together and use it for the neons.why waste a switch>?>>>>>>hehehehehehe,me being a nive legal gezzer now.

dean_uk
15-08-02, 01:24 AM
lol that last one is brilliant, would neva hav thought of doing it to the central locking

locky
15-08-02, 09:44 AM
I fit cut off swithes to taillifts, you can get the type with a key, instead of a rocker switch, easy to fit, most electrical places do em (i think maplins do em) try lucus, or ne other decent lecky shop
to fit em is really simple 2!
Hope this helps!

dean_uk
15-08-02, 03:47 PM
so all i gotta do is buy one of these key switches, fit it to sommat like the ignition coil and im sorted?? (sorry for been abit thick)

carltoncrazy
15-08-02, 05:07 PM
mate being thick is the only way you can lean,
no question is stupid.
however some of my adive has been a bit daft heheheheeheheh.
yes put one on feul aswell