PDA

View Full Version : The light

ash anderson
23-03-08, 07:03 PM
Just out of thought how many miles do nova sri's do when the petrol light comes on

Philsutton
23-03-08, 07:10 PM
Good ol nova fuel gauges, could be anywhere from 0-100 miles. Personally I would never let the light come on in a nova lol

Mike
23-03-08, 07:11 PM
My SR managed 1/2 mile with the fuel light on :D

ash anderson
23-03-08, 07:13 PM
Good ol nova fuel gauges, could be anywhere from 0-100 miles. Personally I would never let the light come on in a nova lol

i put a tenner init done 20mile steady driving now its on the light :S like i said was just woundering, i know the fuel doesnt last long when your heavy on the right foot ... :L

Lee
23-03-08, 07:15 PM
Agree with phil. NEVER let a nove go near the bottom of the red. Both my SR and 1.2 ran dry on the M4 whilst I was trying to make the same farking services lol You would have thought id have learned by then.

Injection models will probably go longer due to the pump being more manly, but i still wouldnt trust it IMO.

ash anderson
23-03-08, 07:19 PM
Agree with phil. NEVER let a nove go near the bottom of the red. Both my SR and 1.2 ran dry on the M4 whilst I was trying to make the same farking services lol You would have thought id have learned by then.

Injection models will probably go longer due to the pump being more manly, but i still wouldnt trust it IMO.

back to the petrol station to py extorsionate prices...:cry:

brucer
23-03-08, 07:40 PM
last year i always carried a 5litre can full of fuel.lol.

agreed with the rest here.dont let it go near the red.

think we should start a thread with do's and dont's for novas.lmao

General Baxter
23-03-08, 07:58 PM
last year i always carried a 5litre can full of fuel.lol.

agreed with the rest here.dont let it go near the red.

think we should start a thread with do's and dont's for novas.lmao

there wont be many do's lol

dannyb
23-03-08, 08:15 PM
I wasn't even aware that the instruments in my poverty spec 1.2 had a light that came on when you were low on fuel! I wouldn't chance it on a carb model, you never know what rubbish from the tank you will suck up into the carb.

twistysnovagte
23-03-08, 08:24 PM
i agree with dannyb never to let it go in the red, due to what ever muck and sh1ite is in the bottom of the tank.just have to grit your teeth and pay:eek: ?104.9p:eek: (morrisons),.although it only cost me ?20 to fill the tank from just under a quarter of a tank:D

tom_beverley
23-03-08, 09:06 PM
I always remember the old wives tale of about 15 miles when the light comes on, but as said earlier I'd never let it get that low due to inaccurate gauges and all the rust/cr@p it will suck up off the bottom of the tank!

ade
23-03-08, 09:16 PM
you have a fuel low light???

God I wish I was posh!

lol

The only way is to run it dry - that way you will know.
Just make sure you have a jerry can...

novacabrio
23-03-08, 09:22 PM
You have a nova that the fuel light works on? and you trust it? Hold on April fools is a week away

Adam
23-03-08, 10:19 PM
Ive never drove with the light on. I never let mine get below 1/4

When i fitted a brand new tank to mine, i put a can of 5L in, and that took the gauge to the right edge of the red section. So that shows if the light is on you've got fcuk all fuel lol, probably about 1-2L, 5-10mile. Not much good if trying to reach the next services lol

ash anderson
23-03-08, 10:34 PM
i run it dry got 62mile to a tenner the prices round here atm are 109.9:(:O
at super unleaded bein 115.9 preety shocking