PDA

View Full Version : C16XE running problems

andy_017
22-03-08, 06:09 PM
I have recently had a c16xe engine fitted into my nova and over the last couple of days it has developed a fault which seems to be getting more and more frequent.

When its cold and you accelarate there is a slight delay in the power, it then seems to come in all at once and accelarates well. then when it gets warm and you accelarate it seems to miss quite badly and will just bog down and not accelarate and seems to jerk slightly, only seems to do it in the higher gears, when in 2nd if you put your foot down the fault will be there for a few seconds but will then die off!

already changed the plugs and leads but doesnt seem to have made a difference,has any one come across this before, any ideas, any help would be much appreciated?

gsi 2.5 flann
22-03-08, 06:25 PM
hiya try the temp sensor for the ecu, have you got any pics of your coversion

nova lod.
22-03-08, 08:00 PM
try bair flow meter mate meins started to do that put new air flow metwr on it never missed a beat since :thumb:

andy_017
22-03-08, 08:06 PM
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/andy_017/DSC00243.jpg

theres a picture of the conversion mate.

Hhhm yeah i thought maybe something along the lines of the afm, did you get yours new mate>

craig green
24-03-08, 12:50 PM
try bair flow meter mate meins started to do that put new air flow metwr on it never missed a beat since :thumb:

?????? in English next time!

Are the new spark plugs gapped correctly. I would also check any earths for the engine & ECU loom. Make sure everything is earthed through good bare metal, make sure there is an earth strap between gearbox & chassis leg & try earthing the alternator tension bracket to the battery -ve terminal.

andy_017
25-03-08, 06:54 PM
thanks for the advice craig, i'll try that and keep you updated!

Riggy
25-03-08, 09:06 PM
did you wire the speed sensor for ecu in , not sire if its important on the c16 as much as on the x16 , but my loom has one ?

andy_017
28-03-08, 07:22 PM
yeah mate, the speed sensor is wired in!

Initially the car was cutting out when coming to a stop etc so changed the sensor and that sorted one fault out but the struggling under load problem is still present!

also all the earths seem to be earthed ok so anyone have any more ideas?

Adam
28-03-08, 07:36 PM
What fuel pump are you using?

John
28-03-08, 07:44 PM
cam timing? i've seen shed loads of small block 16v's with the crank gear slipping on the crank. Cars will idle fine, but acceleration will tail of as the revs rise. Worth checking.

andy_017
29-03-08, 09:13 PM
Not sure what fuel pump the cars running mate, i didnt do the conversion myself so i'll ask the bloke that did it?

Took the car for a drive today and got it roasting hot and the fault seemed to dissapear! however the car hadnt been started for about a week and when i went to it this morning it really struggled to start and took a couple of turns, when it did start it idled like crap for about 2 minutes and when revved it shuddered badly and cut out but the restarted first turn with no problems:confused:

also when i've looked under the bonnet the lambda sensor isnt connected up, could this be the cause of the problem? It also seems to run very rich and have sh1t mpg!

gsi 2.5 flann
29-03-08, 09:48 PM
have you tryed the temp control sensor on the thermostat housing yet? yes itwill confuse the ecu if the lambda sensor is unpluged