PDA

View Full Version : Dash Lights?

greg1.4
21-03-08, 07:07 PM
i have had a digi dash in my nova for nearly a year now and it has worked fine..until today.

i fitted a new starter motor (dont think this would have anything to do with it) but after that i put a battery in it and it started first turn of the key but no dash lights (there must be power because when i put my lights on full beam the little blue warning light comes on)..

i also have no indicators (but the indicators actually work when i put hazards on) just not working from the stalk..

and the window wipers are not working..none of the positions on stalk aee working but when i pull the stalk its pumping water onto the window like it should so that is ok..

i have my earth from battery to bulkhead and i have an earth from g/box to chassis..

i dont understand wiring at all. can someone please help me?

cheers in advance

Greg

meritlover
21-03-08, 07:21 PM
mr Greg, it sounds like there is a fuse blowing. please check all earths nicely and make sure all is well.

greg1.4
21-03-08, 07:37 PM
i will check fuses tomorrow.. anyone know what one it would be?

anybody got any other sugestions?

greg1.4
21-03-08, 10:45 PM
anyone?

AlexW
21-03-08, 10:52 PM
I know you said about the earths but take them off and give them a light sanding to make a better connection, start with the gbox one as thats the one i have the problem with. or it could be an earth somwhere else behind the dash maybe, without the car in front of me i cant think of other ideas. (i should know being an car electrican)