PDA

View Full Version : Turbo - NON VAUX

coochiSR
19-03-08, 07:17 PM
As some of you know I've got a Starlet Turbo and I think the Turbo's on it's way out. I've got a second hand turbo that need's seals changing, I can get hold of the seal's easy enough, but i don't know anyone to rebuild them for a resonable price. Got a quote of 250 minimum.

Anyone know of anyone or does anyone do it themselves for a profession? Prefer them localish to me, Essex area.

Paul
19-03-08, 07:33 PM
essex turbo's, best about mate

R1CH
19-03-08, 07:59 PM
What Turbo is it ?
?250 isn't a bad price really, they do a bit more than just change the seals !!
If its a roller bearing Turbo then i might be able to do it for you, not possible if its just a standard Journal bearing tho as our balancer doesn't have a pressurised oil feed.

Rich

coochiSR
20-03-08, 06:09 PM
It's a Toyota Spec CT9, that's all the info i know on them, think it is a roller bearing Turbo. How much dya reckon Rich? PM me please :)

meritlover
20-03-08, 06:24 PM
do it yourself. it is not a difficult hardness of a job. if you mark it, it can be re buildeded with out the needs to balance the turbine to the impellor. you may torque it with a nice torque wrench. it is a nice job to do if you take nice time over it.

have a nice turbo building experience!!!

R1CH
20-03-08, 06:38 PM
Not worth doing yourself tbh, even if you mark everything the balance figures can still be way out, even things like fitting the new piston rings to the shaft can throw it out of balance. Plus i can't see the 'home mechanic' having the info / gear to measure all the parts to check if there still within tolerance, pointless fitting new seals if both wheels, centre housing, back plate ect ... are all out of tolerance (worn out).
If your gonna do it, get it done propperly.

Rich

CoochiSR - PM sent

coochiSR
20-03-08, 06:44 PM
Thanks Rich