PDA

View Full Version : Door pin removal

AlexW
19-03-08, 06:58 PM
Been out in the cold trying to get my damm door sorted, need to take mine off and fit my new one, but cant get the pins out. Does it matter which way they go out?, and when i replace the door will i need new pins?

Adam
19-03-08, 07:00 PM
Yes they only go out one way.
Reuse the old pins as long as there not fooked.

Dave
19-03-08, 07:14 PM
iirc bottom pin goes upwards an top goes downwards so they don't foul on the bodywork,
they're only roll pins so if they are fooked should be easy to find replacements

AlexW
19-03-08, 09:11 PM
cheers guys, will be doing it tomorrow.

AlexW
21-03-08, 09:23 AM
got the pins out of my new door, and tried to remove the pins from the door on the car and all i seem to be doing is making a lot of noise and looking like an idiot. The tool im using (and the guy using the tool) isnt great its too small.

twistysnovagte
21-03-08, 12:05 PM
here you go mate from a previous thread:
Originally Posted by rallyman(chris astley top of the page sponser)
I also never refit the door using pins and use 8mm bolts instead for ease of removal in future. Use a bolt long enough so that the palin shank going through the bodywork and trim the thread down so there is just enough to get a nyloc nut on.
(from a previous thread, and use the correct tool for the job otherwise you gonna struggle all day long!) what chris doesnt know about novas isnt worth knowing, hope this helps;)

Matt2107
21-03-08, 07:07 PM
Try using a cut down bonnet stay.... its the perfect size.

If you need some new pins I have a whole bag.

Pm your address and I'll bung some in the post.

AlexW
21-03-08, 07:23 PM
Forgot to reply, i finaly got the pins out after i borrowed the right sized tool from my friend :) and fitted my new door.

If you need some new pins I have a whole bag.

Pm your address and I'll bung some in the post.

Would you post some anyway? i will have to remove the door when its resprayed

Matt2107
21-03-08, 07:30 PM
Yeah may as well.

Vauxhall wouldn't sell me single pins so I had to buy a bag of 20 lol