PDA

View Full Version : T2 oil feed, where from?

Mike
19-03-08, 05:40 PM
Been through both Luke Langtons and Green16v's 1.6T threads, and in all the pics I cant see for the life of me where the oil feed pipe goes once its left the turbo?

I did think they'd go to a sandwich plate but neither do in both threads! Any ideas anyone?

Stuart
19-03-08, 05:53 PM
onto the floor....

seriously. you want it as high as possible on the block but obviously under the turbo. Most people put them at the very top of the sump as its easy to mod a pipe into that.

General Baxter
19-03-08, 05:55 PM
he said feed not return, lol

Mike
19-03-08, 05:57 PM
lol what Nick said

Adam
19-03-08, 05:59 PM
Take it from the oil pressure sensor hole, and fit a t-piece else where to get oil pressure reading from.

Mike
19-03-08, 06:04 PM
Take it from the oil pressure sensor hole, and fit a t-piece else where to get oil pressure reading from.

I did think about that too actually but though against it lol

When you say fit a Tpeice elsewhere Ad, it would have to be a threaded T peice for the senor to screw into no?

Adam
19-03-08, 06:16 PM
Well, the pressure sensor hole is pretty much the only threaded oil outlet on the block that you could get a oil feed from tbh......
Unless you made your own.

Will you be running an oil cooler? Sandwich plate for the cooler could be handy for a pressure gauge/light.

Mike
19-03-08, 06:22 PM
Dont know about an oil cooler just yet as its more stuff to leak lol i can get threaded T peice sender units for oil temp gauges no problem, in line style things like.

Stuart
19-03-08, 06:31 PM
:p

get an oil pressure sender T piece kit from an impreza as its got a bit of braided hoes (hee hee) and then a block of brass with a fitting for a pressure sender and another outlet for your turbo feed.

Mike
19-03-08, 06:33 PM
Linky link?

EDIT: Im thinking of removing the oil temp sender, fitting an areoquip 90deg elbow, and then fitting the sender unit inline between the aeroquip and the turbo

meritlover
20-03-08, 07:52 AM
IIRC there is a tapping on the block where the oil gallery runs from the pump. or you can indeedly use the oil pressure gauge tapping. however, be very carefull this does not cause a pressure dropping to the rest of the engine as this will be an unregulated supply.
be scared of this situation. also be scared of sandwich plates and 90 deg elbows that can cause pressure droperisations.
thanks for this reply!!

Green16v
20-03-08, 08:07 AM
I used the oil pressure sensor and a brass block fitting for mine and have no probs, the big prob was getting the return to the sump because of how low the turbo sat, so had to build so baffles around the return in the sump to let the oil run free into the sump without the oil in the sump affecting the return. Im back in the country at the end of april if you want to look at my engine in person if that helps mike. the cars only in walsall.

Mike
20-03-08, 03:02 PM
Aye I might have to pop round Chris and have a nova if you dont mind mate.

Mike
20-03-08, 09:24 PM
I had a nosey earlier, so i could potentially just use the outlet where the oil switch is at the back of the oil pump? And situate the swith somewhere else "inline" on the feed to the turbo?