PDA

View Full Version : is this true or not?

dangermousegsi
13-08-02, 05:03 PM
Just after passin my drivin test i purchased a black f plate 1.3sr for 200 quid :D , i had it 4 a few weeks b4 landing it into a lampost :oops: :cry: not long after i got talkin to a bloke in a pub(i know never listin 2 bloke in pub) an he told me that that particular model had a twin choke? true? hence makin it spin in 2nd gear down hill(dont know how it jus did) he also said that very few mk2 sr's were produced it black is this true or not? i jus thought this would be he best place to ask if i was lied to or if i should b kickin myself 4 crashin a rare nova :?

d0gz_bollox
13-08-02, 07:14 PM
id just kick your self for crashing your first car. took me at least a few months before I crashed mine into a signpost. And I knocked the F!cker clean out the ground :-) only dented my door and a bit of sill. hilrius night, grounded the car on a grass verge, two of my mates had to lift the back of the car up to take the weight off whilst 3 of us pushed it back onto the road.

Ben (lurk75)
13-08-02, 09:17 PM
i know of quite a few Black MK2's

dave.gsi
14-08-02, 12:00 AM
my first car was a black mk1 sr....now u don't see many of them

Chris LR
06-09-02, 04:18 PM
I Drive a Mk2 Black SR- looks great when clean but is a b**tard to clean!, they are rare becasue when new it cost an extra ?160 to have black, typical Vauxhall :?:

I've only ever seen 1 black SRi :!:

Rusty 16v
06-09-02, 05:41 PM
Is it worth pointing out that the car in the orginal post was a MK1 anyway, so god knows why the bloke in the pub went off about MK2's? :lol:

carltoncrazy
06-09-02, 07:34 PM
i cant understand the bit about chokes,
once warmed up they shuld not effect the engine at all