PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with cars!!!!

jkhilton
13-08-02, 04:33 PM
I think I should take it as a sign to never own a car again!!! I had my nova and crashed that, spent ages trying to build it up as a 2.0 16v, but that failed!! Bought an MR2 GT Turbo and within 3 days the engine had to be rebuilt, then the injectors failed, so had them replaced and now about 3 months after all that the engine has destroyed itself!!!! :evil: Maybe I should buy a horse or an Elephant to go cruising on!! I could modify them with sound systems and put nice shiny alloy shoes on them! :?

Will probably end up getting another nova though, but as I have just moved to Milton Keynes and need to find a flat, it will have to wait a while! :(

dangermousegsi
13-08-02, 04:52 PM
they do that to u mate i had a black(rare colour allegedly) 1.3sr purchased for 200 quid silly shit quick for sum reason,had it 3 weeks b4 i discovered the worlds first magnetic lampost! :oops: :cry: , rescued another 1.3sr from a mad ozzie woman restored the paint shine, gave it gsi wheels,lowered it,meshed the grill,blacked up the bumpers,k&n,magnex zorst sold it 4 700 quid an the bloke rolled it! :cry: now got a gsi had the fuel pump relay replaced then the pump,the brakes wernt fitted propperly,blew a piston cumin back from southend :x but 4 sum reason i cant leave the bloody things alone :roll: :?

simon@novaheaven
13-08-02, 05:12 PM
what you doin all the way down there m8. Sorry to hear about the MR2 if it makes a difference the wheels bumper and skirts i bought off ya are still all in one piece!!

Ive sold the bumper and skirts mind you but there in one piece still lol.

kevw
13-08-02, 07:48 PM
John get another Nova you konw it makes sense!

lol @ elephant

jkhilton
14-08-02, 08:49 AM
maybe it's just me then!!!! at least some of my old nova has gone to a good home!!!

Davo
14-08-02, 11:40 AM
lol, wel since i took control over bluey (my 306)

Repairs include:::.

3 Clutches
2 drive shafts
4 gear boxes
2 sets of brake pads in 6 months
timing belt
3 sets of spark plugs
new engine
full exhaust system including new back box - need new downpipe now
engine cooling fan

So your not alone m8.

All equates to about 3-4 thousand pounds worth of repairs, labour etc.

jkhilton
14-08-02, 03:42 PM
I think if it had all gone wrong at a time when I wasn't starting a new job and moving accross the country I probably would have tried to get it sorted myself, but it was just too much bother.

I don't know what to go for now, but I know one thing it may not be as fast as my MR2 was, but it will handle a whole lot better!! had a few hairy moments in the wet!!! I spun it quite a few times!!

I do quite fancy the idea of a stripped out racer type car and after driving to and from work in slims car for the last couple of days, I want big carbs!!!! :)