PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Cables... suitible replacements.

NovalutionGSi
18-03-08, 11:39 AM
i'm in need of a replacement for my GSi on a C16SE engine. All motorfactors dont have them, have tried Vauxhall as well, they dont seem to know of the C16SE cable but do have a C16NZ cable. now i'm guessing the NZ is Carbed, but will this fit? seriously ****e if i cant find a throttle cable and there isnt anything i could use instead? XE one maybe? C20NE maybe???

Riggy
18-03-08, 12:07 PM
ive got one adam if you get stuck give us a shout :thumb:

spanishfly
18-03-08, 12:21 PM
www.autovaux.co.uk

Stanley
18-03-08, 12:25 PM
....a C16NZ cable. now i'm guessing the NZ is Carbed, but will this fit?

NZ is SPi'd matey.

As for cables, fook knows haha.

NovalutionGSi
18-03-08, 12:53 PM
Riggy, might be having a chat with ya mate!

So if the NZ is SPi the throttle body with be in a different place to the SE being as its MPi!

Think we'll be trying to cobble it back together for a temp measure untill i can get a new one.

Stanley
18-03-08, 12:56 PM
So if the NZ is SPi the throttle body with be in a different place to the SE being as its MPi!

Yep, i doubt it will do. Plus im sure it will have a different end on it.

I was thinking a C20SEH or C20NE but a cavalier/astra is alot bigger and thus the cable will be alot longer....

Hmmmmmm

/\ /\ That link?
Ebay?

NovalutionGSi
18-03-08, 01:05 PM
Done both Stan, AutoVaux dont even offer Brake cables, so its not the one stop shop for your vauxhall needs!

Ebay, no such thing on there! even thought that Classic Opel parts might be able to help! it sounds like anyone who maybe after one of these cables will be in the same boat as me! they are getting rare!

Glengy
18-03-08, 01:26 PM
I was looking for the same part last week. The vauxhall part number for the c16se cable is the same as the e16se so if you can find a second hand gte part it should fit.

Also if you want a new part i was told quinten hazel QH parts still make this sort of stuff, so if you have a local motor factors that sells QH stuff give them a try.

NovalutionGSi
18-03-08, 01:28 PM
cheers Glen, have tried Wilco that do QH stuff but they said they dont do it!

Stanley
18-03-08, 01:32 PM
Valeo?

craig green
18-03-08, 02:02 PM
Try a Cav diesel one (or astra) Thats what is used with mantzel kits on smallblock XE's & I have fitted a Nova GTE cable to my Mantzel setup. What I'm saying is the end must be the same.... It will be long though.

burgo
18-03-08, 02:10 PM
90323146 was the part number as they are no longer available and my mum did a dealer search and no one has one on the shelf either. so genuine is out the window

craig green
18-03-08, 02:22 PM
Mine was new back in 2002. Think I'll hold onto that.

I did sell 2 spares last year. Should've asked for more dollar in hindsight.

NovalutionGSi
18-03-08, 03:04 PM
Exactly what i'm thinking Craig..... think i might be raiding the shed to see if there is anything usefull in there! time to go scrapyard searching!

stevenf
18-03-08, 03:24 PM
as craig green said use the one off of a diesel cav or astra as thats what i used for mine. was the right length as well

brucer
18-03-08, 03:43 PM
i couldnt get one for my gte either.had to get a good second hand one.

thanks matt!!