PDA

View Full Version : bad day.....got worse :(

dave.gsi
13-08-02, 02:57 PM
wake up in the morning, go out to get in car for work........some litle knob has kicked off my m3 mirror, find it down the road. fix it back on sharpish and go to work, get home for dinner break (back in at 5) so have a few hours. start work on rustproofing and fiberglassing the bottom of the passenger door, all goes without probs untill i noticed that the carpet in the drivers footwell is wetter than an otter in the bath. :o oh shit

lift up carpet to find that the soft underlay type stuff is in fact like a wet sponge.....soaked like a mutha f ucker. spend the rest of the time ripping cutting and swearing it out and throw it in the bin.............then spend the next twenty minutes borking cos it smelt like the sewers in summer :(

the cause.........a little rubber plug was missing from a hole in the footwell. arse.

as i had the fiberglass out for the door i decided to fuck it and glass the hole instead of buying a new plug. finished that........haven't time to do other door cos i'm off to work.

anyways, hopefully things will get better when i pick up my gte bumpers tonite!! :D

kevw
13-08-02, 03:50 PM
I hate little shits who think its "cool" to kick/destroy peoples cars :evil:

?Marty?
13-08-02, 04:03 PM
It could be worse. My car is vandalised on a weekly basis. Spray-paint, broken mirrors, grille, dented doors/roof, scratches and etc. I've had them all. :cry: :evil:

ade
13-08-02, 11:44 PM
Marty - u wanns get a cctv installed! Theres a gy near us who has a modded transit van - has over ?5000 worth of decks and ounds in the back - well smart - he works in the shop round the corner from my house and parks in my street - hes rigged up a small cctv on the corner of the street on the wall about 20ft up, covering our street.

:D

?Marty?
14-08-02, 04:38 AM
Yeah that's a good idea Ade, though nothing has ever happened to my car outside my house. And it's parked on the street, as i don't have a driveway. It's allways when I'm out somewhere else, like my girlfriends or whatever. I have thought of getting a camera and taking it round with me, but most of the time i wouldn't have anywhere to put it as sometimes i can't find a parking space, so have to park round the corner or whatever.

My car was looking real good, but now it looks like a reck because of the constant vandalism (i know who some of the people are, but can't prove anything to get a legal remedy. And beating the shit out of them will make me feel better, though won't really fix the damage will it. Plus I'd have to 'get' them when there are no witnesses and etc and even then it could just get me into trouble with the police. I have a cunning-ish plan though... :wink: ).

Still i was about to totally transform the bodywork/styling of it and have been gathering parts and etc. I would have had the re-spray already and have enough cash and etc, but because of delays in getting some parts (still waiting) it's not been done yet. Kinda glad now as i've had a lot of damage done recently, which would have been to the newly styled car. Whereas now i'll get it fixed at the same time. :D

Though there's no stopping it from happening again once it's all done. Which is highly likely, as the car will stand out more. :(

?Marty?
14-08-02, 04:40 AM
CCTV is slightly dodgy interms of evidence in court. My car was broken into and ?500 worth of stuff stolen in a cinema car park(guess it could've been worse as i was going to fit a lot of i.c.e. Don't think i'll bother now.) it was all caught on cctv, but the Police can't/won't do anything about it.

Rich Dale
15-08-02, 02:00 PM
Bastards!

I hate the fooking little twats.....they're just jealous that you've got a car that they'll never be able to afford 'cos they're so think, they'll never get a job.....bloody wasters! :x

dave.gsi
19-08-02, 11:58 PM
oh good, another day another little prick. today my valve caps were nicked probably for some little fuckwits bmx :evil:

anyway, good point for the day, sprayed and fitted my gte rear bumper and front grill, looks good but not with grey sr poiler and vynal..........any1 got a cheap gte spoiler in red?????

?Marty?
20-08-02, 01:34 AM
:lol: I used to get kids nicking valve caps for bmx and etc all the time. Once i came out the house while they were at it, and stood behind them watching. They turned round, looked at me and carried on! :twisted: Until they realised it was my car, then they scarpered.

And i know i shouldn't have, but i grabbed one, picked him up and threw him over the neighbours hedge. :lol: :twisted:

Nova1.6
20-08-02, 12:15 PM
lol marty, good one :lol: