PDA

View Full Version : induction kit and now engine managment light??

Nova1.6
13-08-02, 08:59 AM
ive just fitted a green cotten air filter induction kit to my 1.2 single point injection nova(obviously!). Where do i put the mini filter(breather pipe??), someone said right next to the big filter and other ppl say far away from it, when the engine is running steam/smoke comes outa the little filter??
Ive put the big filter on the carb and the little mini filter on the pipe that came outa the bottom of the old filter. Now the engine mangagment light comes on, and the car heats up VERY quickly when stood still. There was a little clear pipe that went from a little hole thats on the right under the air filter, i took the pipe off and when the engines running and i put my finger over the hole, the engine strugles to run and nearly stalls. Do i need my car tuning to get fule amount right with the amount of air?
PLEASE HELP!!
Neil

Aragorn
14-08-02, 05:40 PM
the white hose controls the hot air flap on the old airbox - ideally u should block this off with a bolt or somthing (just screw a small bolt into the end of it) or melt it closed

the mini filter i have no idea about (i only modified my original airbox) but the mini filter is listed as a "crankcase breather filter" so if that pipe is the crankcase breather then i assume thats where it should be :)

the engine nearly stalling could be because that clear hose goes directly into the intake manifold so unhooking it would be like having a crack or leak in the manifold - plus your finger either wasnt there long enought for it to settle again or wasnt creating a good enought seal to stop the "leak"

the engine management light is prolly on because of this leak (MAP sensor is gonna be reading lower i'd assume) and the car will prolly run crap - so sort that pipe

as for the temperature - u meaning way over the middle? or just upto the fisrt line or what - the engine will heat up more when there is no airflow thru the rad but the fan should kick in just as it reaches the middle of the dial

on the steam/smoke side - i noticed inside my old airbox there was an oily deposit around the area where the breather pipe enters the airbox ?!?

apart from that ive no idea

ask stu :)

Doc
15-08-02, 09:16 AM
Once you've sorted your pipes out, disconnect your battery for an hour. Once you reconnect your battery your ecu will reinitialize, and take into account the extra air entering the engine through the new filter, i think it will then alter the fuel injector speed to allow more fuel to mix with the increased amount of air entering the engine. Ste is the one to ask on this subject as he tuned his 1.2i as far as it would go! :wink:

G4VVO
18-08-02, 07:59 PM
what does the green air filter do i have 1.4i single point cant find an induction kit . does the green filter make the car sound better does it have that induction roar?

G4VVO
19-08-02, 06:11 PM
can i use the induction kit off a 1.2 spi on a 1.4 spi green make an induction kit for a 1.2 but dont for a 1.4 the 1.4 one is just a bolt on filter.
need an induction kit.