PDA

View Full Version : help! gsi wiring probs what goes where???

tony-the-muss
16-03-08, 07:20 PM
:confused: hello to all , i have just installed a nova gsi engine into my nova sr mk1 and i am rather confused with the wiring up,

It is a c16se motor as fitted to really late gsi novas it has a coil pack instead of usual dizzy and the wiring loom threads into the car rather than sitting on bulk head,the ecu is silver with two purple plugs,the problem i am faced with is 4 wires that prob should go to fuse box, they are : red,black,brown`yellow,and green do you know where they should br tapped into?? there is no spark at the mo, cheers :confused:

Iain
16-03-08, 07:32 PM
I think...

Red goes to the battery +ve
Black goes to an ignition live somewhere on the car
Green is the rev counter

Adam
16-03-08, 09:26 PM
Brown/yellow is for diagnostics,it doesnt connect to anything

tony-the-muss
16-03-08, 09:41 PM
nice one will give it another go tomoz, i did try red and black direct to battery but no spark? any ideas?

tony-the-muss
17-03-08, 08:23 PM
tried agfain wiring up today as stated wiv wire colours but still no spark does the ecu need to be grounded ??? failing trhat how difficult to change the inlet and wiring to the trusty old e16se spec ????

16v Nova Kev
17-03-08, 10:14 PM
have you got all the earths on m8

burgo
17-03-08, 10:20 PM
did you remember to connect the earth strap on the gearbox?? and is the engine loom earthed to the head??

Lee
17-03-08, 10:35 PM
Dont confuse the black wire with an earth. BROWN is earth. Black is switched live.

Sorry if you knew that, teaching you to suck eggs and all, but ive seen it before 100 times lol

16v Nova Kev
17-03-08, 10:37 PM
Dont confuse the black wire with an earth. BROWN is earth. Black is switched live.

Sorry if you knew that, teaching you to suck eggs and all, but ive seen it before 100 times lol
101 times now thats what i did

tony-the-muss
18-03-08, 05:26 PM
bloody thing!! one day i will grow up and ditch my 6 novas for a diesel vectra but for now i will graze my knuckles and swear at everything!?!!
been through the loom and checked through it all again and all seems fine apart from the ecu itself is not bolted down but pretty sure this shouldnt matter??

16v Nova Kev
18-03-08, 06:03 PM
is the fuel pump relay working

tony-the-muss
18-03-08, 06:08 PM
not sure as i have chucked the pump on a seperate wiring to a switch but suerly that shouldnt be a sparkin prob??