PDA

View Full Version : Fitting interior

boyle_46
16-03-08, 03:26 PM
I don't want to sound like a tool but im having diffacultly fitting my new sr interior , how do you fitt the rear seats as theres a little stubb on the end of the bar on the seat itself and theres a black bit of plastic on the car itself how do i get that through there and any tips on how to fitt front seats :thumb: thanks Nath .

Leeboo
16-03-08, 04:09 PM
Its been a while since I fitted my SRi interior, but for the back seats, I took the black bit of plastic out and slotted the bar in, and then put the black plastic bit back into its place with the seat bar attached.

For the front, I had to use the whole brackets/subframes from my standard seats! Good luck!

Leeboo
16-03-08, 04:12 PM
Its been a while since I fitted my SRi interior, but for the back seats, I took the black bit of plastic out and slotted the bar in, and then put the black plastic bit back into its place with the seat bar attached.

For the front, I had to use the whole brackets/subframes from my standard seats! Good luck!

boyle_46
16-03-08, 04:42 PM
im thinking if i undo the four bolts and pull the back of the seat forward will if i push back will it slide off the subframes ? and i got the old seats out of the back but im not too sure about the fit , theres no bit in the middle as there split for the two lugs to catch on and at the front where the wee screws are theres an extra two with out brackets , ps how do i get the window winders off the door itself i just brokwe the old door card and well the winders still attached to a bare door thanks nath .

Leeboo
16-03-08, 04:53 PM
Front - If you look closely, there should be little stoppers on the seat runners (the ones on the cars floor), take them out first. About the split back bench - mine is the same, theres no place to secure them in the middle but I fired them in anyway! I might bolt a bar across the back of the seats or something.

About the window winders, its fiddly, but easy. Theres a little round pin behind where the winder attaches to the door, try to flick this out with a flat screwdriver and then the winders should come off!:thumb: