PDA

View Full Version : The 2ltr Conversion

d0gz_bollox
12-08-02, 12:19 PM
2ltr Engine is just hanging off mounts now (on astra); few questions;

1. How do I change Inner CV Joints. Do I need special tools, is it a quick easy job.

2. Will all the coolant hoses from the C20XE match up with the ones that where/are on the nova

3. Will the oil cooler fit in the nova. I noticed the oil cooler was plumbed up with solid pipes, can I use any type of rubber coolant hose, hence allowing me to put the cooler somewhere else.

4. Is there anything that people forget to take out of the astra that is needed for the conversion [some obscure part such as cigarrete lighter or something ;-) ]

5. Once the c20xe is in the nova how do I get the gears to work. what bits from which car do I need to attach everything.

6. the c20xe has got a power steering pump. I have removed this but the crank pulley obviously has the powersteering pulley on it. what do I do with this. I dont really fancy taking the pulley off and cutting the pulley off (the manifold bolts where rusted on so I bet this pulley will be really hard to remove!). Read something about "boxing it in"?? Whats that then?

7. Any tips for fitting?

rapid-nova
12-08-02, 04:43 PM
go to www.valvers.com everything is explianed in there step by step with pics and everything :o :D