PDA

View Full Version : loss of power

raymond
15-03-08, 11:59 AM
well the car has had the headgasket done i replaced the camshaft with a kent cam nv062 and kent pulley and added a k&n filter

now the problem being the car is struggling on idle, it doesnt seem to powerful to me considering the camshaft is there etc

and its using way to much fuel

timing is bang on any suggestion c14se is the engine :thumb:

raymond
16-03-08, 06:25 PM
anyone help me out here

Adam
16-03-08, 07:06 PM
Did you mark the dizzy before removing it?
Maybe the ignition timing is out.

raymond
16-03-08, 07:08 PM
didnt mark the dizzy no but when you turn the ingnation timing either way its not getting any better tbh

Adam
16-03-08, 07:11 PM
Hmm, theres not much else to suggest tbh.
If cam and ignition timing is fine.
Is the vernier set to 0?

Its a mild cam so should run fine.

raymond
16-03-08, 07:34 PM
bit of fettling then i see

ill check on the pulley tho as im unsure on that one

craig green
17-03-08, 04:19 PM
I've read numerous times about SRi's running badly after cam swaps.

Without wasting time & money I'd say get it on the rollers. Get the cam dialled in.

Philsutton
17-03-08, 06:27 PM
Right then, last few engines we have had on the rollers with "cams" ect.. have all lost power an ran like **** in comparison to standard. A 1.4 mpi astra wouldnt tick over and lost all its lower down power an some peak power, regardless of how we set it up with a vernier (this was a kent cam as well), all the auto sprint cams we have had on have done the same.

To be perfectly honest vauxhall cams arent that bad as standard, about one of the only things they did right lol.

Only cams that seem to have worked well with a near enough standard engine have been the QED Q42h ones for the xe. Dont know why but thats just from my experience.

Oh an before the any one says the cams have been dailed in right ect...