PDA

View Full Version : !!whats All This About!!

twistysnovagte
14-03-08, 07:17 PM
just received my renewal for my insurance,and its actualy gone up from paying ?58r month,ten months.now my renewal has come through and says,we have pleasure in quoting the cost for renewal date etc, to ?92.22 a month:eek: ,i am in the process of making a claim dueto being hit,but its not yet finalised, i wouldnt of thought this had ewt to do with it, it also says i have 1 years no claim bonus.ive now been driving for 4 years without a pull points etc i hold a full clean licence,and im 28, any one give me a clue whats going on here.:confused:

NovaLad
14-03-08, 07:22 PM
Ring them up.

If someone has hit you then it shouldn't effect your insurance the next year because it wasn't your fault.

SRimon
14-03-08, 07:22 PM
Yes it will as its still a claim on your insurance history.

twistysnovagte
14-03-08, 08:23 PM
Yes it will as its still a claim on your insurance history.surley my car insurance cant go up because ive been hit by another party:confused:

Ste L
14-03-08, 08:33 PM
it can and it does im affraid :(

that's insurance for you, i had a loss on my old insurance, due to having a car stolen, but never claiming on it, and it made my insurance higher

twistysnovagte
14-03-08, 08:36 PM
time to look else where i think for a quote as ?328 is quite a big jump backwards:( DAM SILLY WOMEN:mad:

twistysnovagte
14-03-08, 08:39 PM
could i also ask, is there any chance i could claim for the insurance hike as the claim is still in process with the solicitors?;)

lee coley
14-03-08, 08:41 PM
it can and it does im affraid :(

that's insurance for you, i had a loss on my old insurance, due to having a car stolen, but never claiming on it, and it made my insurance higher

did you tell them it got stolen?

Ste L
14-03-08, 08:46 PM
did you tell them it got stolen?

phoned them, as i was thinking about claiming, but didn't bother in the end, not worth losing a few ncb's just for a cheap nova,

was cheaper to buy a new one, than pay the extra the claim would of added lol

mowgli
14-03-08, 11:40 PM
remember that bit of drizzle last year, you know, the bit that nearly washed gloucestershire away, it caused everybody's insurance to go up, the amount depends on how much the insurer lost last year.......

mikey14sr
14-03-08, 11:44 PM
Shop around every year and take advantage of new customer discounts, I always have, and on average it's saved me about ?60 a year. My renewall quotes for the last 3 years have allways been ?100 or more higher than the previous year with the same insurer, and I'm now up to 9 years ncd.

Jack
15-03-08, 02:50 PM
Yep, renewals are always more expensive than new quotes.

If you're going thru a claim at the moment that will also affect your premium. Bear in mind most insurance companies, when getting a quote, ask if you have been involved in any accidents, NOT "have you made a claim". According to statistics, if you're involved in an accident - even one thats not your fault - you're more likely to be involved in another!