PDA

View Full Version : Rolling road figures

rob.slader
11-08-02, 12:01 PM
One of my mates has an original Nova Sport, which as you know come with twin 40's as standard. I believe the standard bhp for a Nova Sport is 93bhp (I may be wrong here). Anyway, we went to have his setup on a rolling road and then to have a power run. His is not standard as it has a big valve head which is ported and flowed, janspeed 4 branch manifold and full system, the chokes in the 40's have been changed for bigger ones, but I am not sure what size. His final power reading at the end of the day was 69bhp! I know this sounds low, but I am unsure if the bhp figures the manufacturers quote is at the flywheel or at the wheels? The reading from the rollers is at the wheels. Assuming you loose approx 15-20% power through the transmission, his car is pushing out approx 82 - 85bhp at the flywheel. The car does in fact go like stink and has no problems chasing R5 GTT's etc. I'm not sure if the readings given from the rolling road day sound accurate, anyone got any thoughts?

Dicko
11-08-02, 01:45 PM
those readings are absolutely crap, he should be getting 120+ at the flywheel with those kind of mods!!

carltoncrazy
11-08-02, 10:57 PM
just a hint,
we always put it at the fly wheel,
reason being ya more likly to buy the car if its got a bigger BHP