PDA

View Full Version : SR Clocks

Adam Moran
11-08-02, 10:00 AM
I have standered 1.2i With just the big spedo in the middle. I want Sr clocks insted.

1st - Are they easy to fit?

2nd - What about the rev counter, can you add one of those to a engin? or is it just not plugged in.

cheers all
Aj

Aragorn
11-08-02, 10:34 AM
should just be a streight swap

the green wire for rpm's should already be there but you dont have the right kinda oil pressure sender

that means oil guage will always read max - the telltale should still operate tho

if u want the oil guage to work u need a 2 wire pressure sender from an SR or GTE

Adam Moran
11-08-02, 02:31 PM
Thanks for that!

What does the oil gauge do anyway? Is it for Temp, Pressure or level??

Because what ever it does im planning to get three new ones put in, Oil, Volt Meter and water temp.

Well thats the plan but we will see!!!

Cheers

Oh...... don't suppose you know of anyone that would be able to give me a hand fitting it?? (im in the South)

rapid-nova
11-08-02, 03:06 PM
sr clocks already have all they gauges,speedo,rev counter,volt meter,oil presure,coolant temp,fuel, all the ones u need! :D

mikesri
11-08-02, 10:09 PM
Try it 4 urself m8 its well easy. just take the original dials out ( unplug it ). plug the new 1's in and find the rev counter cable which should be wrapped up in the loom next 2 the plug. then just put it back in the dash.