PDA

View Full Version : Cobra sidewinders

Burt_100
11-08-02, 03:07 AM
Some friends of mine have told me that it is pointless buying cobra sidewinders to put into a nova cos there are to wide is there any soloution to this or is this just a myth???

Ben (lurk75)
11-08-02, 11:48 AM
i looked at buying these, they will fit but like fitting the leathers out of a calibra you will struggle with the handbrake. (my car has had many guises) and to be honest they are too wide go for another model or manufacturer.

dave.gsi
11-08-02, 11:10 PM
there poo seats anyway, if your gonna do race seats do it properly and fit some fixed buckets, none of this reclining race crap lol :lol:

Ben (lurk75)
11-08-02, 11:19 PM
very true

after fitting my buckets i thought the car was a lot quicker as you cant lean in the seat to compensate the cornering was pretty fcuking scary but when you get use to it its wicked.

g563aan
18-10-02, 12:20 AM
i have calibra leather in the front of mine with no hand brakes, the only prob is they stop me from gettin door bars on my cage

?Marty?
19-10-02, 01:31 AM
SideWinders will fit in a nova no problem! Though they come in a wider fitment option, so you'll struggle with that. You can just remove the 'side-pockets' on the door cards to make more room, or the door won't close.

I was going to fit some Cobra Evo's, but i think i'll get sidewinders. Simply because they look good (despite not being very supportive, but i'll just tighten the harnesses up, so i'm really strapped-down in them). The Evos, look good too (probably even better), but the nova's small enough inside as it is, and they really do take too much space up. The head protection 'ears' ceratinly don't help.

Also you can 'modify' them - you can mount amplifiers/tv screens (or whatever) on the removable backs, and you can get chrome recliners/tilt levers - which look good, re-trim them (with speaker pods and etc, if you must).

And you won't struggle getting out of the car, and you can recline them to give your bird a good humping. Though you could always do it on the bonnet.