PDA

View Full Version : alloy refurb / kerbing

mikeoxford
11-08-02, 12:41 AM
right guys.

last nova i had - tigra alloy wheels.

basically, one has got a piece of the outta rim missing, and another one is quite kerbed.

story is i hit a kerb at 40mph in a some new chicane thing they put in by us and its not well lit, so took a chunk outta one wheel, and the other wheel was kerbed QUITE deeply when i got the nova.

i just wondered whether the damage can be repaired or are the wheels right offs??

is it just the surface that gets refurbed or do they fill big kerb marks / can they rebuild the chunk missing (1" inch triangular piece)

thanks
mike

Ben (lurk75)
11-08-02, 12:45 AM
i think they put em on a lathe and turn em. they can sort some serious chunks out just take it down to em and ask (dont forget ask for them to do it for cash) :wink:

mikeoxford
11-08-02, 11:31 PM
cheers for reply

shall i just luk in maxxy or fat car for some places in the back, or does anyone know of one in the midlands area??

i think my mate can get them done, i dont know yet. i think he is just on about the surface

dave.gsi
11-08-02, 11:49 PM
basically they can weld in new metal to fill holes but if the wheel is even slightly buckeled (prob will b with 40mph bang) they wont touch it as its not safe

mikeoxford
15-08-02, 12:52 AM
o right cool.

does ne one know of anywhere in west mids???

dogs_bolox? ur from round these parts, ne one else???

cheers for ya help lads

locky
15-08-02, 09:53 AM
Also, when you get the wheels back, they will prob have 2 b painted, in motorworld, they do a pearlescent wheel spray from a can, 8 quid i think, my m8 used it on his corsa, done all 4 wheels with half a can!