PDA

View Full Version : Sr Bumper question

MattyWoo
10-08-02, 08:14 PM
I got an sr front bumper from a scrappy the other day, fitted it on and it doesnt seem to fit properly on my wings, the sides of the wing stick out.
Are my merit wings different by half an inch or so to that of an Sr???
Also are the sr rear bumpers different in size to the standard ones (i may be blind but they seem the same size to me)

carltoncrazy
10-08-02, 10:59 PM
ive wounderd that to be honest,i think the rear bumpers the same,ive gladed at my Sr for ages,
they must be a bit diffenence,
any how,no all nova front wings r the same,i.e any mk1 wing will fit any mk1,and mk2 etc etc.
so it should fit,
did you mount it proper to your bumper surport bar?
ive got these werid adjusters,if ya got em check em.
get some pixs of it.

Ben (lurk75)
11-08-02, 12:31 AM
not sure with the 5 doors but the 3 doors there are only mk1 and mk2 wings, mk1 bumpers wont fit correctly onto mk2 wings and vice versa.

mikeoxford
11-08-02, 12:48 AM
mark one bumpers and mark two bumpers are interchangeable to an extent.

they do fit, you need to change the carriage bar and the mounting brackets over respectively.

e.g

mk1/gte bumper ----onto----> mk2

use mk1 gte bumper, but use mk2 carriage bar and irons (brackets) by unclipping them from the plastic

vice versa

this is true because if you buy a body kit it usually mounts of the existing caarige bar and irons you already have, there isnt a mk1 and mk2 abyss/delta/novadose kit is there?!

for further reading, have a look at the guide on topbuzz where alan knight put a gsi (mark2) bumper on his GTE (mark1) nova.

hope that helps ne how 8)