PDA

View Full Version : GSI loom really strange NEED HELP !!

jord77
12-03-08, 12:01 AM
hi guys was taken the engine out of my K reg Gsi tonight to make room for c20xe.after taking the engine out of car i started to take the loom out.found the ECU under the passeger foot well and the loom.stated to seperate the loom where its in a bung near the passenger foot well. after disconnecting the ecu there are at least 10 wires still connected to the back of the dash colours red/blue trace at least a couple and black wires.following the wires from the foot well there go to the injectiors on the gsi loom do i need to cut these.the loom is out bar these 10 wires and the plugs are out fot the ecu etc but following the wires they go from behind the dash throw the bulkhead and following them on the loom they go to the injectors

any thoughts

thanks

Adam
12-03-08, 12:05 AM
You should have left the loom alone as the ecu loom aint removeable as you've found out. lol
You will have to remove wires you dont need and then re-wrap the loom back up...

jord77
12-03-08, 12:14 AM
yea but the only way the loom was coming out is by doing that the hole loom was joined from engine bay to foot well

Riggy
12-03-08, 09:38 AM
was is a coilpack gsi , these have complete engine looms that cant be seperated like the early gsi engines

alan b
12-03-08, 11:09 AM
you can seperate them ive done it before. if the engine is going into a lesser model youll be grand. just find out what wires they are then cut and label them

Adam
12-03-08, 05:39 PM
Yes you can seperate them by unwrapping the loom, cutting the ecu loom completely out, and then re-wrapping it.
By "seperating" i meant literally unplugging which you can do on nova gte models, and carb models which dont really have an engine loom.