PDA

View Full Version : my sri heaters dont work:(

ash anderson
11-03-08, 06:08 PM
just baught an sri got it home found out half way home the heaters dont work when you turn them on. i know the heaters are gettin power becasue the inside light dims and the engine idle drops any ideas people, it getts steamy and cold ... :confused: carnt be a fuse i was wounderin if it could be the fan lower, and how do you get to it just a thought

staggy_gsi
11-03-08, 07:58 PM
yeah the blower could be seized. to check it you will need to remove the cover from over the top of the wiper linkage etc and you will see it. its bolted to the bulkhead with two nuts. simply try turning it with your hand first (obviously make sure its turned off lol).

if it turns freely then i would suggest checking earths and lives etc.....

ash anderson
12-03-08, 10:23 AM
yeah the blower could be seized. to check it you will need to remove the cover from over the top of the wiper linkage etc and you will see it. its bolted to the bulkhead with two nuts. simply try turning it with your hand first (obviously make sure its turned off lol).

if it turns freely then i would suggest checking earths and lives etc.....

cheers fella guna get out and ava go now bit windy tho ... :L

ash anderson
12-03-08, 10:30 AM

just took cover off went out the blower is very stiff too turn, any ideas how to free it of bein stiff, or do i need to get a new 1?

ash anderson
12-03-08, 10:31 AM

just been out took he cover off its very siff too turn- tried turning it round but not freeing up-any ideas how to free it up? or do i need anew 1?

KITT1972
12-03-08, 10:57 AM
i had the same problem, all i did was spray some wd40 inside the moter and keep turn it by hand do this 3/4 time then leave it for an hour or so and do the same again and it should free up

craig green
12-03-08, 11:22 AM
But then the blower will blow in WD40 air freshener scent....

get another motor.

Will F
12-03-08, 03:19 PM
But then the blower will blow in WD40 air freshener scent....

get another motor.

pfff, better smelling than most Novas!

I did the same, smell of WD only lasted a day or so...

ash anderson
12-03-08, 07:13 PM
pfff, better smelling than most Novas!

I did the same, smell of WD only lasted a day or so...

fixed teh problem thanks evry1