PDA

View Full Version : Newbie (sort of)

simz
11-03-08, 10:51 AM
Hi there guys & girls,

I'm kind of new been signed up for a while but only read posts!

I used to own the widest nova ever made (so i was told) on 18's in merc AMG black not so long ago, i was sponcerd and just went made on it, it went to most shows last year and it's now in Europian tuning mag in europe,

I now drive a 190e cossworth but looking to build my own XE as i've always wonted one! Some proper lovely Daves on here! Keep up the good work!

Cheers Simz!:D

J4MES
11-03-08, 10:55 AM
Welcome again mate, lol! Any pics of said wide Nova and the 190??

nova_Tom
11-03-08, 11:05 AM
Hi mate, really intrested in your old cars, any chance of some piccys? Hope the project goes well.
Tom

simz
11-03-08, 11:30 AM
Sorry boys i'm working at the mo and dont hav any pics, the nova's just today come off pistonheads! the 190 has only just been finished so she is the mintest merc around! i'll try though,:cool:

craig green
11-03-08, 11:44 AM
Some proper lovely Daves on here! Keep up the good work!

Eh?

simz
11-03-08, 11:51 AM
Down my way Nova's are called Dave's (well mine was) thought they were called that everywhere? :wtf:

and dude eh? & pulling a :tard: aint a good look!:cool:

craig green
11-03-08, 11:54 AM
Nah definately never heard of Novas referred to as a 'Dave'.
Thats pretty daft when you think about it.

Stuart
11-03-08, 12:00 PM
chav wagon, slag, bitch but never a Dave lol

Interesting that it was at all the shows but no pics of it ever wound up on here, did it goto non vauxhall shows or something odd like that?

simz
11-03-08, 12:14 PM
No never went to PV, I used to show with UKSHOWCARZ the first one was mod nats, donny south, F&F and some smaller charity shows! I,v been showing my cars for years feel a bit old for it now @ 22 thats just wrong! lol

I'm on my work computer hence no pics! :thumb:

Jack
11-03-08, 12:18 PM
lol @ "dave"

I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable "going for a ride in my Dave" lol

simz
11-03-08, 12:36 PM
I need some southerners to back me up i think! :roll:

None of you herd of "Team Dave"? think thats where it came from!
DB drag? (sound offs)?:wtf:

Stuart
11-03-08, 12:50 PM
I live in the south and never heard of "dave" as a reference to a car... not even in cornwall where they are weird as funk lol

Jack
11-03-08, 01:12 PM

Blackjack may well know what you're talking about then.

dannyb
11-03-08, 01:46 PM

I live about as southerly as you can get (Bognor Regis) and I've never heard that expression in the 10 years I've been into cars! lol
Get pics of the W201 up mate, I was going to buy one of these as a daily driver but found an Audi instead. I also own a '77 W123 as a weekend classic

Riggy
11-03-08, 03:17 PM
welcome to the mad house

simz
11-03-08, 03:17 PM
I live in the south and never heard of "dave" as a reference to a car... not even in cornwall where they are weird as funk lol

It's proberly coz you look about 12 mate, in Brighton there know as Dave's, i'll leave it there! i'll sort some pics out of my 88 190e cossy soon!
Just noticed

www.ukshowcarz.com (http://www.ukshowcarz.com) is back up hav a look my nova can be found there in the WIP part! :cool:

Stuart
11-03-08, 04:01 PM
It's proberly coz you look about 12 mate

flattery gets you everywhere sweetie, but that pic in my avatar isnt me... thank fcuk lol

craig green
11-03-08, 04:15 PM
Likewise I'm in the dirrty South & never heard of a 'dave'. Me thinks yer Nutts!

simz
11-03-08, 05:13 PM
Fair play, if theres loads or you down south come to Brighton Thursday sould be a few of us out a few xe dave's too, lol lol

Andy
11-03-08, 07:02 PM

Yes they had a yellow nova filled with ridiculousy loud speakers,But they were from Leeds how did that become a southern slang for a nova lol :wtf: