PDA

View Full Version : just brought rear brake disc beam

lj
10-03-08, 10:54 PM
picked up a rear beam this weekend... came with back plates and calipers and hand brake cables.... i do need any conversion bits for the hand brake to work?

the rear beam has the hubs on already.... what parts do i need to get the hand brake working?

and do must ppl block one of the rear lines off at the master and run one through the car , through the adjuster and then split it?

lj
11-03-08, 11:19 AM
anyone help?

craig green
11-03-08, 11:36 AM
anyone help?

Thats 25 mins you allowed for a reply .....

Sounds like its complete. You can plumb it in as per your existing beam but best to find the proportioning valves from a disc beamed car to lessen the rear braking force slightly.

If it has cables......... connect them up. You have answered most of your questions in your 1st post!

CoupeUK
11-03-08, 11:43 AM
Thats 25 mins you allowed for a reply .....

You sure?lol

lj
11-03-08, 12:11 PM
25 mins.... posted it last nite dude....

does the hand brake join up like the cav one? i don't need anything other than normal bits?

craig green
11-03-08, 01:53 PM
25 mins.... posted it last nite dude....

does the hand brake join up like the cav one? i don't need anything other than normal bits?

Well spotted AM to PM. lol

You are the one with the supplied cables tbh. If it looks anything like the nova ones that come off... Someone may have made up a custom cable set as there is no such thing as a Nova disc rear cable set from Vauxhall.

I used new cables from a motor factors.

FKB1000 (mk2 Cav L/H short) & FKB1030 (nova long)