PDA

View Full Version : central locking holes

fo0q
09-08-02, 06:38 PM
I bought a central locking kit today off a mate (its never been used buts its about 10 years old)

Its looks pretty straight forward to wire up and mount the solenoids but how the hell do i get the wires from inside the car into the door.... there aint no tubes or no grommets between the two?

Just wondered if some1 with CL as standard could tell me?

thanks

carltoncrazy
09-08-02, 06:48 PM
right sum1 elsee was talking about this,
i think from a certain age all novas had the holes for it,
but if you dont it should have the holes marked out already,i think.
however if the holes aint there it means drill or cutting the holes,and you dont wanna fuck this up,so be sure you can do it.
but basical if the holes aint there,then you got make the holes.so 2 speak.
probley no help at all,but i tried

stugsi
09-08-02, 07:11 PM
Yeah i did a central locking for my mates nova, his was an early model with no holes in the doors, he did them with his dads drill (pretty large) the holes should be there for the motors to go on to. You might have to bend the door locking pins, to fit to the motors as they wern't intended for this early model. As for the wires, they just go under the seat and there is a hole by the gear box surround alredy there, thats for the earth. There is a wire on your CL loom thats should fit straight in to your fuse box , as for the colours my mate had cut his so it was just a case of try and error. Job done..