PDA

View Full Version : help with my floor plan

carltoncrazy
09-08-02, 05:33 PM
right car got MOT in 2 weeks time,IT WILL FAIL.
the boot has as gd as gone,so much so i had to take the spare out as it feel out.
,its a d plate sr,so i know it aint worth repairing,
however,its my girlfriend,and you know wot girls are like with there cars.
ive tried to find anther hayz blue sr,but i just cant find one.
so its gota be repaird.
this is gonna be fun
any how sill and arches are fine,
but underniether is more patchs than floor,its pretty bad.
the patchs will pass ok, but the boot wont.
i do however know where i can get a nova floor for nowt.
so i was think do i just replace the boot or do the whole lot.
someone must of done this before.so i need hints a nd tips how to do this quick,as the car needs to be on road a.s.a.p as she`l b in rent cars,
im tempeted to do the whole lot as then i can get more life outa it,but it really cant be off the road for long.
any one who knows me knows im a decent welded,so i can do it proper,
i know its gonna be alota work,but she loves her nova,and well i gota do it dont i.
so how do i go about this,i wanna go into this with an expection of what im facing.
its standard really,not major mods,only bolt on filter and zorst,.
so whats the best way to deal with this?

Ben (lurk75)
09-08-02, 06:40 PM
one of me mates once foiled the under neath of a XR3i and undersealed on the top of that and this went through the mot. very quick and easy :wink:

carltoncrazy
09-08-02, 06:43 PM
well yeh but id prefere to try and do a decent job of it.
as in i dont want the shopping falling on the road,

Mr_Moo
09-08-02, 08:14 PM
hehe :D

dan16v
09-08-02, 08:39 PM
rite m8 sorry for all the sarcasm b4
if i were you for cheapness etc y dont you just buy a bit of sheet metal steel bout 3mm cut the rough shape out ,i know youd have no spare wheel well but it would only cost bout a tenner! then slap the under sealer on it to stop it rusting?

carltoncrazy
09-08-02, 10:23 PM
ok,il look into that,
so i take it putting a new floor in takes ages then,
i.e more than 3 days

dave.gsi
09-08-02, 10:32 PM
lol, is it rusted in the boot floor, if it is then behind the rear bumper will have gone too. mine went in both these places and failed the mot and to repair it i had quotes of well over ?600!!!! more than what my car was worth so i sold it for ?200 saved some cash and bought another (my advise to u) :lol:

dan16v
10-08-02, 12:25 PM
if its the boot i rekon if you done the sheet metal way i suggested and you had already cut the shape in the metal it wuld be done in a day.
just get a grinder and basicaly just follow the line of the floor up to the rear seat dip or untill youve ground past the rust PS id take the fuel tank out! then slot your new flat floor in and mig it up :wink:

mikesri
10-08-02, 07:42 PM
hayzsr, I thought you told me you paid ?50 for it? wouldn't it be easyer just to scrap it or get a new shell and transfer all ur bits over? dan16v got a k reg shell for ?200? easyer than repairing it and it'll look better!!!

carltoncrazy
10-08-02, 08:24 PM
did cost me 50 quid
and didnt have rust when i brought it,but it does get alot of abuse,salty roads+it gets used alot,and dont get cleaned much.so thats gonna have to change init.
if i could change it i would,believe ma i hate welding on car floors.any one who does ti will know what a bugger it can be.
however,my girlfriends wants THAT nova,no other 1.
so its gota be done,il go get pix for u lot

carltoncrazy
10-08-02, 09:09 PM
can some1 tell me how to post pixs,
got loads,

Aj_1984_99
11-08-02, 03:34 PM
Hayzsr, email me the pics of you car and i shall advise on the best option, faced similar probvlems meself.

Aj2k80@hotmail.com

carltoncrazy
11-08-02, 06:46 PM
cheers there on there way 2 u