PDA

View Full Version : Demon Tweeks..

nova_Tom
10-03-08, 01:23 PM
Just dug out this seasons cataloge. I have to say i have never used them but my brother did once, and ever since then i get the cataloge delivered all the time. I was just wondering does anyone have any experience with this company? Im looking to lower my car mabey 40mm so just trying to decide wether im gonna choose springs or a whole suspension kit? My budget is saying springs....but my heart is saying kit. Whats your oppinions?:thumb:

GDN16v
10-03-08, 01:24 PM
Demon Tweeks is a good company to order from, just remember to check the prices as sometimes they tend to be a little more expensive than other places!!! Although they do usually have most things in stock!!!:thumb:

Iain
10-03-08, 01:24 PM
Never used them as they seem quite expensive on most things TBH. Their catalogues are good for browsing and then price hunting on the Internet though lol

Mike
10-03-08, 01:26 PM
Very highly recommeneded company within the motorsport world although yes there prices leave something to be desired, although on the other hand, if you dont buy it some one else will.....thats why the prices can be higher.

Welsh Dan
10-03-08, 01:28 PM
Tweeks are expensive but the staff usually know their stuff. For me its a 5 minute drive to collect stuff from them :).

craig green
10-03-08, 01:28 PM
Catalogue is a great resource for price matching & generally seeing all things in 1 place, however if you want your bits on time, try somewhere else in my experience.

Likewise all parts are pretty much listed at manufacturers RRP.

Much of the stuff isnt stocked either (lots of it is ofcourse).

Jack
10-03-08, 02:19 PM
Also try POTN.com and of course ebay.

As for the kit/springs debate, I'd say it depends on two things - a] how low you intend to go (any more than 40mm and you really ought to have lowered dampers); 2] what ride quality/stiffness you want; and iii] how old is your existing suspension? If its standard dampers that have been on there for all the >15 years since the car left Zaragosa, they're probably long past their best and ought to be replaced anyway.

Also, whats your budget? If you're looking at Demon Tweeks, I'm guessing you have a decent amount to spend lol

nova_Tom
10-03-08, 02:40 PM
well thats the thing razorjack i have around ?200 to spend, thats why i was looking at springs, but obviously if im gonna get a new allround kit i may need to save up them pennys lol. I did think the prices are a little bit over the top in the catologe, and i think that i may just use it as a price guide for now, and research more online, thanks for the advice. I think the dampers are the standard ones, best to go have a look i supose, is there anything inparticular i should look for? tell tale signs that they are originals? Thanks again.

Mike
10-03-08, 02:55 PM
Tweeks are expensive but the staff usually know their stuff. For me its a 5 minute drive to collect stuff from them :).

lol its only about 45mins for me

Craig, ive never had any issues with there deivery times TBH? Must just be you lol

TBH, I find the motorsport catolouge (Red one) alot more resourceful then the road catalogue (Blue one)

craig green
10-03-08, 03:13 PM
Tbh I expect the delivery issues surround people that order in stuff that they dont hold in stock. Run of the mull stuff like TSW alloys, Sparco seats & what have you is fine probably.

My comments were also based on their general reputation accross the net tbh.

I wouldnt discourage anyone from using them, the fact is most suppliers will discount off the RRP.

Stuart
10-03-08, 03:37 PM
as a resource the "motorsport" catologue is very usefull, but then go off to rally design for real world prices.