PDA

View Full Version : keyless central locking

mowgli
09-03-08, 08:37 PM
does anyone have any experience of these aftermarket keyless central locking kits?

I am thinking of fitting one on the family motor (Mitsubishi spacestar, my kids keep unlocking it & missing the lock & the door looks like beirut) & any advice on where to look would be great.

I looked on ebay & most of the kits are for 4 doors + boot. my car already has c/locking so I only need a receiver, fob & one solenoid..

draper
09-03-08, 08:41 PM
do mitsi not do the option on a differnet model you could adapt to work with your car ?

or an alram with remote c/l gets my vote

mowgli
09-03-08, 09:27 PM
have you ever bought any parts off mitsi??????
they cost the earth.....

Also I am allergic to car alarms. All anybody thinks is 'Oh, some tits alarm is going off' & then they go back to watching holby city.

I'm just after a decent manufacturer to get a few bits from

draper
09-03-08, 09:30 PM
so what are you exactly looking for ?? a remote central locking lock kit that will work with your current central locking system ?

mowgli
09-03-08, 09:38 PM
so what are you exactly looking for ?? a remote central locking lock kit that will work with your current central locking system ?

Exactly
the drivers door simply has a switch & the others have solenoids, so I want a drivers door solenoid & remote receiver kit. someone must do one

draper
09-03-08, 09:48 PM
i would go for a toad a51s or similar alarm system, i know you said you didnt want an alarm but that will lock/unlock the car at the touch of a button