PDA

View Full Version : Which throttle cable for Twin 40's?

rob.slader
09-08-02, 10:03 AM
Does anyone know which throttle cable can be used for fitting a set of 40's to a 1400 Nova SR. I am having problems getting an original Nova Sport part (As you would expect). My local dealer said "Nova Sport, whats one of them?" !!!! I am using the original linkage from the Nova sport so the standard cable is no good. Hope someone has found out which one and can help. I have a feeling an Astra 16vGTE or any 2.0l vauxhall one will suffice.
Cheers.

MC
09-08-02, 11:10 AM
I made one out of parts from a Cav GSI one, but I think that a Nova SRi/GTE/GSI one might well fit straight onto the Nova Sport linkage.

rob.slader
09-08-02, 01:12 PM
Thanks for that, problem I have now is that there doesn't seem to be a dealer or factors that have any of these parts. All breakers refer me to the dealers. :(

rob.slader
10-08-02, 12:02 AM
Eventually found a cable this afternoon. Luckily a breakers near by had a Cavalier Sri with one still on it. Fits a treat, looks as though it should have been made for the Nova with 40's. Slight mod needed to the accelerator pedal to take approx 1" of slack. Works perfectly.