PDA

View Full Version : fuel cell legal?

AlanH
09-03-08, 06:14 PM
i have the chance of a rallycar style fuel cell to replace the fuel tank on my nova, apparently this makes the rear a bit less twitchy due to the weight of fuel being further over the rear axle. is this right? and will the car pass an m.o.t. with this fitted and the fuel pipes ran through the inside of the car?

Mike
09-03-08, 06:15 PM
It'll pass if its all installed correctly with proper fuel pipe joining unions instead of dodgy jubilee clips lol

chimp007_uk
09-03-08, 06:20 PM
and securely fixed in!

Martin
09-03-08, 06:22 PM
installed correctly with proper fuel pipe joining unions instead of dodgy jubilee clips lol

:roll: lol lol

Dar
09-03-08, 06:32 PM
I've always thought that having the fuel tank in the back of a Nova would change the handling of the car depending on how much fuel was in the tank. Also it would higher the COfG.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but just giving some food for thought:thumb:

Mike
09-03-08, 06:36 PM
The only reason i was looking at them was more weight distribution and a side exit exhaust system.

mowgli
09-03-08, 08:31 PM
i have the chance of a rallycar style fuel cell to replace the fuel tank on my nova, apparently this makes the rear a bit less twitchy due to the weight of fuel being further over the rear axle. is this right? and will the car pass an m.o.t. with this fitted and the fuel pipes ran through the inside of the car?

where would the fuel cell be mounted?

the whole idea of making a car handle is to keep as much of the weight between the axles & as low as possible.

I'm not sure a boot mounted tank will help with that.
Also if you remove the original tank, the underfloor airflow will be massively altered, causing an imbalance.