PDA

View Full Version : single wiper problem.

cooltom31
09-03-08, 05:07 PM
i bought a single wiper kit from ebay and me and my mate have spent hours trying to get it to work properly, and no matter what setting it on it only sweeps half the screen, the car needs mot'd sp im going to have to sort it somehow, and i cant put my standard one back on because i have smoothed over the hole! any ideas?

cheers

tom

Adam
09-03-08, 05:10 PM
Keep changing the position of the bracket on the back of the wiper motor spindle until it will sweep the screen.

You will need to have the wiper sitting across the passenger side of the screen(and not level like the original wipers) to get it to cover the whole drivers side.

cooltom31
09-03-08, 06:10 PM
yeah i ahve tried that and it still only seems to sweep half the screen, i think there may be part missing.

simonr1
09-03-08, 07:22 PM
get a ax single wiper unit, easy to fit

R1CH
09-03-08, 07:40 PM
The single wiper kits are shocking, as far as i know non of them sweep the whole screen ... so totlay pointless if you ask me.

Adam
09-03-08, 07:42 PM
Hence why i binned mine/\ lol

You can only get them to sweep about 120deg of the screen

draper
09-03-08, 08:08 PM
my advice is to spend hours playing with it mate, i got mine from ebay and after 2hrs got it to sit really low on the passenger side and sweep the whole screen

cooltom31
09-03-08, 09:57 PM
i can get it to sweep wherever i want and to start where i want it, but no matter what position i have it in it only sweeps roughly 90deg of the screen, the nearest scrapyard to me is 50miles away so dont think i could get a citroen ax one, how much does the wiper have to sweep for the mot?

Steve
09-03-08, 10:27 PM
Have you tried lengthening the arm between the wiper and the motor? as you can adjust it there for extended reach.

I got my whole kit nfor ?10 down the scrappys and even with my limited mechanical knowledge it only took about half hour to setup.

You wont ever get the same coverage as the original due to the design but im sure you can can get it mot'able

Adam
10-03-08, 04:19 PM
Mine passed mot fine.

Ste L
10-03-08, 04:43 PM
my old one sweped near enough all my windscreen :confused: