PDA

View Full Version : GTE Researh.

areofall
09-03-08, 02:09 PM
Did all GTE's Nova come with a sunroof as standard? I'm considering looking for a shell for mine but I want a factory look and not many 1.2's came with tilt slide roofs also did they have central locking too? It's year from I've been in on and can't remember:confused:

Jack
09-03-08, 07:28 PM
IIRC central locking was standard.... not sure about the sunroof though.

mowgli
09-03-08, 08:06 PM
There were loads without sunroofs. back in the late eighties, there were tons of gtes in group n & group a rallying. they most definitely did not have sunroofs. the gte shell was specially strengthened around the front & rear suspension, thus the extra metal on the strut tops.

Novasport
09-03-08, 08:51 PM
GTE's came with sunroofs as standard, I think it was special order only to delete the sunroof.
I think you could get none sunroof ones in Ireland as Corsa GSi's, I am sure I read something about it in the build manual.
GTE shells were identical to base model & SR shells, the only difference was the plates on the strut tops.

just vaux trev
09-03-08, 09:00 PM
gte's only had central locking on the late models (g)

areofall
09-03-08, 09:05 PM
The reason I ask is mine has a tilt and slide sunroof but I might reshell her if I can find a mint shell which will be a lower model, mine needs a bit of chassis leg below the boot, back pannel 2 wheels arches, 2 doors and a small repair to the inner wing but she really nice and original unber the bonnet. the slam pannel is mint and I think the front panels are all 100% too. So I'm thinking it my be cheaper to buy a shell rather than pay someone to fix mine, and getting someone to repair it t the highest standards isn't easy.