PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 mpi into 1litre carb

8v screamer
08-03-08, 11:36 PM
ok im new to the vauxhall scene and learning all the time ( ex vw and ford guy) im putting a 1400 mpi (lots done to it) into a 1litre carb shell what do ineed to change ?
Ok will my 1.4 shafts fit the 1 litre hubs?
What fuel tank do i need (gsi)? or can i run an external electric fuel pump and route my own return line back into my tank ?( which ive done before by putting a fittin into the filler neck and running my return line to it)
It has no factory anti roll bars so i take it i will need to get gte or gsi ones.
To change the clocks over to a dash with a rev counter do i need to change the dash loom ?

Any thing else you guys think i should know just shout please.

Lloyd

p.s anyone here in the bedfordshire area?

just vaux trev
08-03-08, 11:43 PM
the sri complete loom would be better used (rev counter and other things),
1.4 shafts will go on the hubs,
gsi/gte/sri tank would be an advantage,
anti roll bars are not a must but also an advantage
what gearbox are you using

8v screamer
08-03-08, 11:47 PM
cheers mate so im on the look out for a complete loom and fuel tank, are they hard to come by? ive got the engine loom and ecu already.
Ill get the anti roll bars .
Ill have to check the box its a standard corsa sri box ( f16?) still learning my vauxhall codes lol

Lloyd

Lee
08-03-08, 11:47 PM
ok im new to the vauxhall scene and learning all the time ( ex vw and ford guy) im putting a 1400 mpi (lots done to it) into a 1litre carb shell what do ineed to change ?
Ok will my 1.4 shafts fit the 1 litre hubs?
What fuel tank do i need (gsi)? or can i run an external electric fuel pump and route my own return line back into my tank ?( which ive done before by putting a fittin into the filler neck and running my return line to it)
It has no factory anti roll bars so i take it i will need to get gte or gsi ones.
To change the clocks over to a dash with a rev counter do i need to change the dash loom ?

Any thing else you guys think i should know just shout please.

Lloyd

p.s anyone here in the bedfordshire area?

Hi lloyd. Im Ex VW too. Grass is definately greener over here lol

Firstly, your 1.0 will have a different offside engine mount, so you'll need one from any OHC nova (basically all but the 1.0's )

Nova hubs are the same throughout the range, so the shafts you got with your 1.4 will be a direct fit

Your method of adding a return line will work fine, but MPi tanks have an internal baffle (we call them swirl pots, despite thats not really an accurate description) to prevent fuel surge, so source one of these if you can.

ARB's are a good idea if your planning on running medium stiffness fast road suspension. If your looking to run a stiffer setup, leaving it off may be preferential. Sourcing a rear ARB is a must though.

You shouldnt need to change the dash loom if you can find a green wire in the dials plug. This will be running to the coil in your car, in which case, strip it back to the fusebox, and splice it into the green wire coming from the ECU on the engine harness. Job done :)

EDIT: im too slow at this time of night lol

8v screamer
08-03-08, 11:51 PM
i have that mount on another car so i can steal that lol thought it looked slightly different.
I take it all the sri,gte,gsi models had rear antiroll bars as standard?

just vaux trev
08-03-08, 11:53 PM
as above if you have the engine loom i would'nt bother with complete loom unless you want central locking leccy windows ect

Lee
08-03-08, 11:54 PM
Indeed. There are two different types, ones thicker than the other. The thicker ones were on the 1.6's. Theyre the easiest things to change :) They work like the torsion bars on sh1troens lol

just vaux trev
08-03-08, 11:54 PM
yes to anti roll bars

Adam
09-03-08, 12:19 AM
Is a rear arb worth fitting then? I dont have one on mine, might try one.

As for the engine your best off with an injection tank, one from a spi is fine with a mpi pump fitted. As for the loom, your best option is a corsa/mk3 astra loom, as they are easily removeable.

8v screamer
09-03-08, 12:24 AM
looks like i might have an engine swap to do on a 1.4mpi corsa for someone over to 1.6 16v so ill nick the loom from that, i salvaged the tank from a 1.4 corsa i broke tha other week not realising i cant use it on the nova.:roll:

Lloyd

8v screamer
09-03-08, 12:02 PM
are corsa B ARB,S useable on the nova?

Adam
09-03-08, 03:12 PM
Nope