PDA

View Full Version : my first nova project

8v screamer
08-03-08, 11:24 PM
ok i have no pics as yet and this is my first vauxhall project, so ill be asking a few questions.
THE CAR: 91 1litre nova spin (carb)
THE PARTS I HAVE GATHERED : 1.4 multipoint engine totaly rebuilt with oversized pistons,lightened flywheel,massivley ported and polished head ( done by cylinder head dynamics), dbilas throttle bodies and plenum, kent fast road rally cam and an ashley system with 4-2-1 manifold.
I have a choice of front brakes lurking about 1.4 corsa sri,2litre 16v calibra and a big brake conversion with 285mm ( i think) discs ( v6 brakes).
I have a set of mint cav gsi wheels that i will paint black and the car will be white.
I have a pair of grey alcantara skyline seats to go in too.
THE PLAN : to totaly strip ,seam weld and strengthen the shell with a strengthening kit and front and rear strut braces then once the car is painted inside and out (after doing any welding to the body that needs doing i.e sills) it will remain stripped out inside and just have dash and front seats intact.
I plan on dropping it at least 60mm on my 15 inch cav wheels and finding a gsi front bumper for it.

But i still have lots to get as the carbed spin wasnt the best basis really, what with its lack of electrics,antiroll bars and a decent set of clocks , so once i get paid ( just started a new job ) ill be on the look out for parts.

Lloyd

DW-Nova
08-03-08, 11:38 PM
sounds like a good plan mate, whats the shell like? get some piccies up on here, good luck with the build.

8v screamer
08-03-08, 11:43 PM
shells not bad for a 50 quid car haha, i got to fit 2 new sills, new rear arches and possibly new front wings, doors aint great but repairable, having workshop facilities and willing mates helps alot, just gotta find time to start it as we have a few cars in the workshop at the mo, including a mk1 golf we restored with a 1.8gti in it a mk2 golf were doing for someone with a 1.8T in it on coilovers, a series one rs turbo me and my mate just picked up aswell as customers cars and stuff weve got from auction to repair and sell on.

Plan on starting the strip down next week.

Lloyd

Steve
08-03-08, 11:48 PM
Sounds like a good plan, engine spec sounds decent but dont worry about arb's, ive never had any problems without running one and the welded engine bay will more than make up for it.

Rev counter clocks are simple to fit and with a stripped out car you wont need electric windows or any of that rubbish. Its a nova so just keep it basic.

For a first project it sounds like you've got the right idea. Put some pics up once you've made 15 posts :thumb:

8v screamer
08-03-08, 11:54 PM
yep i want to keep it very simple and light so no additional electrics, other than solenoids for the locking because both doors are mashed around the locks and i cant be ****d to repair them so ill weld them up.