PDA

View Full Version : stupid idea or good?

ianglanister
08-03-08, 09:41 PM
well at the minute i have got a little switch in my glove box as ive just wired in another amp for my two subs, so ive got 2 12inch 1000watt subs and a 1400watt amp for one and 1000watt amp for the other problem ive got with it is there is always one sub on constantly so ive wired them up to a switch in my glove box so it doesnt drain my battery now im looking at putting in another battery just for my subs and other little goodies which i can just take out and charge over night or anything. do you think this would work?
also the reason ive made this thread is i never use the centre vents in my dash so im thinking about getting rid of them and putting a pannel in the to hold switches etc so im not going in my glove box all the time etc how easy would it be to do this? has anyone tired it/got pics? and what type of stuff would i need to make the pannel itself. cheers for any help
Ian:thumb:

Asa-James
08-03-08, 09:51 PM
wire up an extra battery in your boot for the amps, and buy a split charger, that way you can build the battery into the instal and forget about it. also, why didnt you just bridge the remote wire from the first amp? then you dont have to worry about hidden switches and it all turns itself off.

ianglanister
08-03-08, 09:58 PM
ill try that tomorrow thanks very much

Jack
09-03-08, 08:48 PM
Whoa, hold on. Two different power amps for the two subs? Why not just run both the subs off one of the amps?

draper
09-03-08, 09:11 PM
why is 1 sub on conastantly and one not ??

i always have my amp fed by a ignition live that way when drving i have the sub on and when sat talking to ppeople i can still have the stereo on without fear of draining the battery