PDA

View Full Version : choose exhuast sound

Nova1.6
08-08-02, 04:29 PM
ive got my car booked in at 'Ascar' in sheffield to have a new exhaust from cat back put on, i can choose what sound i want my exhuast to be like, i dont want it sounding like a mo-ped and i dont want it to make my ears bleed, what do u think i should say so the guy knows what kinda sound i want?
Cheers guys,
Neil

MC
08-08-02, 04:33 PM
If your a decent car modifier, and he is a decent tuner, you'll not be interested in the sound, but will say tune it for performance.

Nova1.6
08-08-02, 04:39 PM
my cars not built for performance, its only a 1.2i, i want it to sound wicked!

Mr_Moo
08-08-02, 05:44 PM
LMFAO @ Shers avatar! :D

dave.gsi
08-08-02, 09:42 PM
just tell the bloke what u wrote up their.........no mopeds and no bleeding ears

d0gz_bollox
13-08-02, 02:51 PM
id go for a farty sound

nathanl
13-08-02, 03:20 PM
The way I describe the sound my straight through makes is "balls out loud" so say you want it quieter than that :P

jkhilton
13-08-02, 04:28 PM
say you want a rumbly low sound, a bit like a scooby. I think they sound cool!!!

Davo
13-08-02, 04:42 PM
go up to the guy that asks the question at the garage, get out a toy car, get on your knees and go

"bruuuummmmm bruuuuummm screeeeecccccchhhhhhhh"

if your feeling daring you could try:

"bruuuummmmm tissshh bruuuuummm tissshh screeeeecccccchhhhhhhh brruuuuumm tissssshh"

he will understand, but you have to move the car round the floor and make it turn when you screech or you might look like a complete prat. lol

Nova1.6
14-08-02, 11:24 AM
i got my exhaust fitted, sounds nice a chokey/deep when reving it through gears and then when im in 3rd going at 40mph and slowing down it pops+gurgles, then when im in 2nd going at about 30mph slowing down and i put clutch down and tap accelerator it BANGS! sounds likea fu cking turbo'd car or summit, ?200 well spent, just brought green cotton air filter indutcion kit, splitfire leads and bosh super 4's spark plugs and having it rolling road tuned on saturday, should move a bit quicker!
Neil

carltoncrazy
15-08-02, 12:40 AM
advice to any mk1 13 sr owners on a budget,do wot i did
full GTE ashley system sounds like and evo 5 when ya do the gears,
seriosuly 45 quid well spent(sencound hand parts)