PDA

View Full Version : enthusiast or obsessed?

BIGS
07-03-08, 10:14 PM
Ive found myself lately paying stupidly high prices for rare items for nova's
that i know arnt many about. Do most enthusiast's do this or am i just obsessed with the little rust bucket we love lol

s14a
07-03-08, 10:19 PM
what parts did ya buy lol

BIGS
07-03-08, 10:22 PM
well headlight protectors four sets, door piller vinal's two sets GTE door stickers two sets and three sets of the griffin badge that goes on the boot and bonnet there is more but cant think on the top of my head lol

s14a
07-03-08, 10:38 PM
lol fcuk me, where did you buy that stuff??

BIGS
07-03-08, 10:39 PM
ebay, here and around places. well you never know when you might need it lol

7ova
07-03-08, 10:40 PM
are you selling anything on?

s14a
07-03-08, 10:46 PM
any links to where you got the stuff lad you have me thinkin now lol

BIGS
07-03-08, 10:49 PM
7ova na not selling any

s14a well you tell me what you want/need and when i find them ill let you know. I cant really buy much more i havent got much more room left haha

s14a
07-03-08, 10:53 PM
headlight protecters and vinal?

BIGS
07-03-08, 11:02 PM
i take it's for a mk2 from your pic, and is that the door piller vinal you want?

draper
07-03-08, 11:05 PM
why 4 sets of headlight protectors ??? my biggest problem is changing my mind, ill spend ages of time and money buying bits for my latest idea, then change my mind and stick it in the shed lol

probably why i have all sorts of bumpers, boots, interior stuff etc etc and ive just changed my mind again

s14a
07-03-08, 11:12 PM
ye lad for a mrk 2 cheers

BIGS
07-03-08, 11:12 PM
why 4 sets of headlight protectors ??? my biggest problem is changing my mind, ill spend ages of time and money buying bits for my latest idea, then change my mind and stick it in the shed lol

probably why i have all sorts of bumpers, boots, interior stuff etc etc and ive just changed my mind again

well ive got 3 cars for one and ive got two that are brand new and for shows and the others two are for day to day use so the new ones dont go and cracked ect. yea know what you mean the amount of skirts bumpers boots doors exhaust ive got is crazy. lol knew there was a few things i forgot

Ash
07-03-08, 11:20 PM
My biggest problem is needing to sell all my GM panels I bought when I know i'll need them sometime down the road :(

Don't think I've ever paid over the odds for anything....

I think you obsessed mate lol

BIGS
07-03-08, 11:29 PM
My biggest problem is needing to sell all my GM panels I bought when I know i'll need them sometime down the road :(

Don't think I've ever paid over the odds for anything....

I think you obsessed mate lol

hmm dont surpose you got a rear panel have you? well atleast im obsessed with a great car :roll:lol

Ash
07-03-08, 11:43 PM
Yes, but it has a deposit on it :(

BIGS
07-03-08, 11:49 PM
Yes, but it has a deposit on it :(

:(:cry: if he dont go throught with it let me know bud

wilson_sri
07-03-08, 11:49 PM
Can you still get the boot griffin badge from vauxhall?

BIGS
07-03-08, 11:54 PM
Can you still get the boot griffin badge from vauxhall?

dont think you can i asked the plymouth one and they laughed at me:mad: to be honist you got to ask around as i think they just cant be assed to look sometimes

GTE TURBZ
07-03-08, 11:55 PM
Im after the pillar vinyls for the gte, the closest ive was a lighter shade and the adhesive wasn't that strong, has started to bubble on the indentation, the decals on ebay are fake, you got the GM original items

wilson_sri
07-03-08, 11:58 PM
dont think you can i asked the plymouth one and they laughed at me:mad: to be honist you got to ask around as i think they just cant be assed to look sometimes
My local are pretty good, went in on Wednesday to ask for door stickers and the guy had no problem with it...Sell me one of yours :p

GTE TURBZ - Contact a guy called Duick on here, he can get you genuine b pillar vinyl

BIGS
08-03-08, 12:01 AM
yea all my stuff is gm, got one set from spain aswell lol

And another thing for you lot dont just look on the uk ebay look on the other ones aswell!

BIGS
08-03-08, 12:03 AM
My local are pretty good, went in on Wednesday to ask for door stickers and the guy had no problem with it...Sell me one of yours :p

GTE TURBZ - Contact a guy called Duick on here, he can get you genuine b pillar vinyl

Sorry bud cant do that, im keeping all that sort of stuff for my gte as i plan on keeping it for many years yet and probley a few rebuild's. what i can do for you tho is take it to a local printer place and get them to copy it excact colour and shape?

wilson_sri
08-03-08, 12:08 AM
That would be awesome mate!
You got the part number handy? Always worth checking with vauxhall.

BIGS
08-03-08, 12:17 AM
yea i have somewhere lol and the fact they got gm on the back and they look very old gives it away there gm i think lol

Yea well ill do that for you next week for you and find out how much it will be

wilson_sri
08-03-08, 12:28 AM
Any chance of pming me the part number mate?

BIGS
08-03-08, 12:30 AM
yea i can do that, have to be tomorrow tho as got to dig it out first if thats ok?

wilson_sri
08-03-08, 12:33 AM
Yeh mate, cheers :D

chimp007_uk
08-03-08, 12:52 AM
i'd be interesting the pillar vinyl, as i need some for the door only... looks odd with it on the car pillar but not the door!

and iw ant to get boot vinyl as well at some point.

meritlover
08-03-08, 12:57 PM
i think you are a true passionate nova enthusiast. i wish there was more of you.

meritlover
08-03-08, 12:57 PM
i think you are a true passionate nova enthusiast. i wish there was more of you. keep up with the good work!!!!!!!!