PDA

View Full Version : Its friday and my weekend has started.

Ernie
07-03-08, 02:02 PM
:thumb: Just thought i would let a few of you know that im now 2hrs into my weekend with the boss away so much needed time fixing the car to follow.
What's everyone else up to.
:thumb:

nova_Tom
07-03-08, 02:03 PM
Got a party on saturday, but planning to go down to scrappy and halfrauds on sunday..hope you have a good one mate. What you got planned for the car ?

jay xe
07-03-08, 02:06 PM
same mate under the hood of my new toy as i bought a fiew shiney xe bits

Royston
07-03-08, 02:15 PM
Getting my Rover Vitesse out of storage and getting her taxed

Lee H
07-03-08, 02:39 PM
Taking an XE out of a poor Calibra in a muddy scrapyard with Riggy. I really know how to enjoy myself.

burgo
07-03-08, 02:55 PM
today i am mostly removing a ****y 1.4 spi from a mk3 astra.
tomorrow i am mostly fitting a nice 1.6 16v to a mk3 astra
sunday off to coventry for the vboa day, then back and finish any bits on the astra if i didnt finish it saturday. then over to my mates to carry on with the wiring for his celica

Jack
07-03-08, 03:36 PM
Hmm, well today I've been sat around doing nothing and getting paid for it - power cut on the base.

Tomorrow... not sure, weather is supposed to be bad so thats kyboshed my plans for working on the nova.

Sunday is the south west meet.

then over to my mates to carry on with the wiring for his celica
Good luck with that, it was a nightmare doing some electrical work on mine lol

BIGS
07-03-08, 03:44 PM
today im painting parts of the gte engine
tomorrow im working on the 2ltr hope to get the 6 speed mount into place
sunday hope to chat to some nice girls in a pub in dawlish lol :D

goldengraham
07-03-08, 04:25 PM
tonight got a pimp's and hoe's party..should be a laugh
tomorrow fixing the ka, tomorrow night an 18th party
sunday recovering loli

Jim Mcrae
07-03-08, 04:47 PM
Erm, work tonight then staying sober, off to bristol tomorrow then png meet sunday! Trying to save cash because im off to amsterdam on tuesday with my mate:D

Riggy
07-03-08, 05:06 PM
Taking an XE out of a poor Calibra in a muddy scrapyard with Riggy. I really know how to enjoy myself.

lol and its goin to piss down , we do pick the best days dont we lol

Jenks
07-03-08, 05:13 PM
tonight an 18th party:D
saturday night, road rally (llyn rally):D :D
sunday sleeping lol

smcgsi16v
07-03-08, 05:48 PM
I'm doing feck all apart from more

DECORATING:mad: :cry:

Oh and might give mine and the mrs cars a wash.

Mike
07-03-08, 05:55 PM
Ill be at work until about 4am Sat morning out on the M42 between J12 & J13, get home, bed, get up for around 12ish, engine out Nova as its sold and being collected on Saturday afternoon.

Rest of Saturday & Sunday will be spent stripping and prepping LHA's engine bay ready for chassis plating.

NovaLad
07-03-08, 06:02 PM
Hmm today not done much other than took the drums apart, brake shoes out, handbrake cable out.

Tonight will be out with mates for a bit but in one of their cars until 10 when i have work till early horus of morning.

Tomorrow will be having a lie in probs then mite do some more stuff on the car.

Tomorrow night not sure yet what doing.

Sunday is obviously a day of rest anyway.

burgo
07-03-08, 06:12 PM
Hmm, well today I've been sat around doing nothing and getting paid for it - power cut on the base.

Tomorrow... not sure, weather is supposed to be bad so thats kyboshed my plans for working on the nova.

Sunday is the south west meet.

Good luck with that, it was a nightmare doing some electrical work on mine lol
i know that thats why i ripped it all out and started again. taking forever to make a whole loom lol

Lynsey
07-03-08, 06:18 PM
HMPH! I was really looking forward to this weekend, supposed to be driving the Nova down to Dougie's to leave there for getting engine put in. I went over to my sister's to collect it and drop off the Cav and the bloody thing wouldn't start. Now I'm well pi$$ed off. The wife is coming up tonight for a look at it, so hopefully it won't completely funk up the weekend for us. Oh and I'm no longer insured on my SRi so I can't even get out for a drive.

On the + side, I get an extra night with my man :D But we won't go into that ;) :p

DTR-DEVIL
07-03-08, 06:21 PM
Up a Club Tonight, Then Mates 18th 2mo. Going up Liquid in maidstone in a limo. Gonna be a Messy one!

blackpoolbouncer
07-03-08, 07:28 PM
well joy of joys for me,just finished work and im having something to eat now,then in two hours im off to work.started day job at 7;30 this morning,i now get a 2 and a half hour break then working again at my night job till 5;15am then working saturday and sunday night too which i will finish at 5;15 and back to work again at 7;30 monday morning,something tells me i wont be going to work on monday this week,im already falling asleep sat here and i still need to iron my shirt and get a shave and shower lol
enjoy the weekend folks!!!!

Ernie
07-03-08, 07:32 PM
Well thanks for letting me know what your all up to.
Just an up date from me.
Dave dropped my vectra gsi estate off today so gave it a quick clean then droped him back to his.
Then helped strip another vectra sri down to a shell in 2.30 hrs.
Beeing brought up in a ruff area pays off in the end lol.
So on with tomorrow's antics of giving the vecy a very good clean.

Lee H
07-03-08, 07:43 PM
lol and its goin to piss down , we do pick the best days dont we lol

I thought as much, will have to take it out quick lol

walshc
07-03-08, 07:52 PM
Tomorrow im painting the bumpers, rub strips, handles, mirrors and splitter satin black and also putting that chrome strip thing in my bumpers and rubstrips
If it rains then i`ll go indoors and carry on with the wheel refurb :wtf:

Sunday, i dont plan that far ahead lol

Lee
07-03-08, 08:13 PM
I finally rebuilt the transits engine last weekend, so tomorrow morning Dar's dragging me to a local garage where hopefully they will reprogram the ECU and it will start. OR it will turn out i timed the chain up wrong and it explodes into a million bits lol. If all goes well I will probably pop to an autofactors and get a battery for the track car, and then start rebuilding the front suspension. Im running out of weekends uber fast at present.

Sunday ill be mostly sleeping i would imagine lol

Lynsey
07-03-08, 08:18 PM
:( aren't you coming to the spares day Mr Reynolds?

Ash
07-03-08, 08:22 PM
Starting 'er up ;):D

Lee
07-03-08, 08:23 PM
:( aren't you coming to the spares day Mr Reynolds?

Not this year. Next year i will be definately though as ill probably be up to my armpits in SR.

Mike
08-03-08, 07:29 AM
Good morning world :D its 7.29am, ive just got in from work (worked 7pm Friday night till about 5am this morning) instead of going to bed, I has mostly got an engine to be removing ready for collection this afternoon :D and if ive still got any energy left in me, ill start prepping the bay :D

Mike
08-03-08, 10:35 AM
Sorted, started at 9am, got it out and into the garage on its crane for 10.00am.

scott.parker
08-03-08, 11:28 AM
Well..........after contracting a nasty cold, and having to part with ?300 notes for new passat breaks i have to fix a broken window electrics/runners on the passat and then off to see this missis tonight, stop there till bout 3pm tomo then off upto the nec to rip out a stand we put in for the BBC at cruffs (working Sunday night whats that all about??)

Scott

Jack
08-03-08, 01:16 PM
OR it will turn out i timed the chain up wrong and it explodes into a million bits lol
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42438000/jpg/_42438420_fastshowdukewimborne270.jpg

With MY reputation? lol

Lee
08-03-08, 02:25 PM
Good news. Timing is perfect. Also pumped up the fuel system perfectly.

Bad news. The guy I took it to has the wrong software. So its going to be another week. Bye bye rolling road run :(

Adam
08-03-08, 02:51 PM
It'll be reet.
Just sort the nova this week, and the transit next weekend....... Lol

Dar
08-03-08, 03:06 PM
Today I mostly flatspotted Mr Lee's rear near side tirelol

Lee
08-03-08, 03:10 PM
Easier said than done Adam, im working away all week, so next wekend will be spend sorting the van out, there definately wont be any time left to sort the car and trailer. Ho hum, such is life.

Yeah, Instead of the time honoured method of taking the wheel off and hitting the drum with a hammer, myself and Dar decided to attempt the lazy method of dragging it down the road. Got a massive flat spot on one rear tyre now lol

Adam
08-03-08, 03:12 PM
Lol.

Get Dar sort the nova then lol :p

Lee
08-03-08, 03:15 PM
Lol.

Get Dar sort the nova then lol :p

lol, even if he had the time to, id need to supply him with money to get the exhaust done which i wont have till next week, and i still have to build up the front suspension and track it up. Im not too bothered tbh, so long as i make combe ill be happy.

Dar
08-03-08, 03:17 PM
I thought it had freed up until I paused the stero and heard the squeeling. Anyway tommorw will be a day spent on the Nova. Been to Merlin Motorsport this afternoon and got some bits. I hope to have it all finished and ready to go by the end of play tommrow.

NovaLad
08-03-08, 03:31 PM
God! Last night was a blag.
Started work at 10pm and didn't finish till 5am.

Today i aint done nothing still not sure wether to unbolt my rocker cover and polish it up for something to do.