PDA

View Full Version : Heres a good one!!!

novanum1
07-03-08, 01:00 AM
Car Nova Sri
Right heres the problem's!!

1) when the engines ideling its revs at bout 600-700 Rpm or could be lower but when i put the clutch down in netural the revs drop the oil light goes on then off, then it goes back to normal when the clutch is down.

2) some times if i rev the engine hard say to 5000rpm the revs come down then the engine cuts out. Then when i try to start it again its like iv got a flat battery like the engine realy tight. Then i try and again and it goes first time. Most the time it starts fine its only like when the pistons are in a certain place it does it.

its started doing it since the head been skimmed about 20-30thou.

I say its some thing to do with the Spark timing would anyone agree??

burgo
07-03-08, 02:06 AM
id say the timing is to retarded, loosen the 13mm nut and advance it abit and see what happens

p.s. i couldnt help but smile when i typed that lol

novanum1
07-03-08, 08:44 AM
id say the timing is to retarded, loosen the 13mm nut and advance it abit and see what happens

p.s. i couldnt help but smile when i typed that lol

Retarded What word for the win hey lol iv give it ago mate cheers

meritlover
07-03-08, 11:11 AM
either the spark timing and/or the cam timing. check the pullies is lined up correctly with the markings on the casings.

novanum1
07-03-08, 12:51 PM
Rite iv had a look at it today. with the engine ideling iv moved the dizzy both ways but nothing seams to change no rev drop or gain or anything. do you have to have some revs when changing it or somthing.

Maybe im doing it wrong which is about right for me lol.

Also which way do you turn it to advance it??

burgo
07-03-08, 12:54 PM
you turn it backwards. basically turn it back a little from where it originally was, do it back up and take it for a drive and see if its better

novanum1
07-03-08, 01:04 PM
o rite i was turning it forward no wonder lol il try again then. if not wheres place where i could get it set up mate.