PDA

View Full Version : GSI Rear vinyl

wilson_sri
06-03-08, 07:48 PM
Picked up a set of genuine rear vinyl today. Its the one with vauxhall on the right hand side. Would rather that was off though, can you peel it off?

staggy_gsi
06-03-08, 08:24 PM
dont think so, isnt it printed on the vinyl?

where did you manage to get a genuine one from?!?!

looked high and low for one not long back, obviously wasnt looking high enough or low enough lol

areofall
06-03-08, 08:28 PM
just an idea but maybe you could contact the guy who on the forum who got the sport decals made up before you fit, it would allow someone to get the measurments of it so it could be reproduced and maybe he could make you a copy without the Vauxhall? The thread's in general chat.

areofall
06-03-08, 08:31 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91528

wilson_sri
06-03-08, 08:41 PM
dont think so, isnt it printed on the vinyl?

where did you manage to get a genuine one from?!?!

looked high and low for one not long back, obviously wasnt looking high enough or low enough lol
Its like its been pressed on, maybe a later type? Havent seen many with vauxhall on them aswell, tbh i didnt even know they did!

I swapped someone for a set of all red rear lights :thumb:

staggy_gsi
06-03-08, 08:45 PM
actually, thinking about it my original one did, but it had been 'rubbed' off. you could still see where it was though, so id leave it if i were you!

you were lucky to find it so dont mess it up!

sport
06-03-08, 11:35 PM
Picked up a set of genuine rear vinyl today. Its the one with vauxhall on the right hand side. Would rather that was off though, can you peel it off?

Should do mate as my GSI had it and i did, think its on later GSIs that the vauxhall badge as its on Kreg cars i have seen it.

wilson_sri
06-03-08, 11:40 PM
Hmmm might give it a go! Hope i dont ruin it though, cant be many of these left :wtf:

sport
06-03-08, 11:47 PM
As its new it shouldnt leave the outline as it aint been in the sun, use a hair dryer not a heat gun less heat that way and just watch you dont rip the black vinyl and best of luck.