PDA

View Full Version : CV Joints - Please Read

neiloakley
07-08-02, 10:22 AM
I have a 2.0 8v nova and two weeks ago i replaced the inner cv joint on the near side. Yesterday, it broke again. all the internals are completely mashed up. Surely a cv joint should last longer than two weeks?

What could it be? I wanna get my car working again but need to find out the problem before i fix it again.

Any help appreciated. btw, it was a brand new cv joint not from a scrappy. Ta

kevw
07-08-02, 01:35 PM
I know this is stupid, but was the CV boot full of grease like its supposed to be? You normally get a little sachet of grease that you squirt in, I know you get this with the CV boot, but not sure wether you get it with the actual Joint.

Otherwise I would go back to where you bought it from, coz it is a bit harsh givving up after a couple of weeks

Kev.

neiloakley
07-08-02, 02:39 PM
yeah joint was pre packed with grease but i put a bit more in just in case. i have spoken to the shop and it is under warranty but why do they keep going? there is no point in putting a new one on and it going again in another two weeks.

Any ideas?

ade
07-08-02, 10:52 PM
when you say its all smashed up what xactly is it smashed up like? Is the rubber totally mangled orjust torn at one end? Or is it the actual metal joint itself?

Ade

neiloakley
07-08-02, 11:42 PM
the rubber boot is fine. if i take the cv joint off the drive shaft, all the bearings will fall out and i will be able to take the driveshaft out of the joint without undoing the circlip. Basically, all the internals are broken. Any new ideas?

Aragorn
08-08-02, 06:37 PM
yo, i still havent got that dash yet?!?

ive tried phoning you and messaging you but u aint been responding?!

do u have a tracking number for the parcel or is there some other problem as to why i aint got it?

u did send it to me and not the otherguy right?

some feedback would be appreciated

thanks

Kevin

Aragorn
09-08-02, 06:42 PM
come on man some feed back would be appreciated

uve been at the forum since that post and u must have read it since its your post

if there is a problem - let me know, leaving me hanging is kinda annoying

thanks