PDA

View Full Version : twin 45 set up

jay xe
06-03-08, 01:59 PM
right got an xe nova on 45,s and the problem im havein is wen i start it then go to set off i give the car some revs and go to let the clutch out and it trys to cut out dose this need to warm up or dose it need seting up as iv heard they go out of balance

can i sort it myself or is a a job for the pros

Adam
06-03-08, 04:50 PM
Cant sort it yourself unless you have a range of different jets etc to choose from.
Does sound like they need setting up.
Does it do it all the time(hot or cold)

Stuart
06-03-08, 06:24 PM
They only go out of tune if they have been fitted badly enough to bend the spindle/have been setup by a moron/have had a hard life and havent been refurbed.

et it to a good old skool carb tuner and see what they have to say.

meritlover
06-03-08, 08:59 PM
its probably a combination of everything. the timing mat be out, the carbs may be sad and in need of some over hauling, they might be out of ballance. and the might have been tuned by a blind and deaf man with a white stick.
it will need some warming up. but not too much warming up. i would like to see the answer to Adams questions. as he is familier with the ways of the nova and can usually solve problems by smell and taste.

jay xe
07-03-08, 11:11 AM
found a plug lead jus hangin in the hole last night not clamped on to the plug properly put this right and all was well for about 20 mins im gonna change leads plugs dizzy and arm and see what happens