PDA

View Full Version : 1600 turbo

wilson_sri
05-03-08, 11:14 PM
How do i go about insuring my turbocharged 1600? Do i just tell them the spec of the engine and the estimated power and they sort it out?

Never had anything like this insured before so dont have a clue.

Iain
05-03-08, 11:50 PM
From what I gather with the likes of HIC you tell them it's modified, list the modifications including the turbocharger and they'll ask for the increase in power over standard. They'll then base their quote on the additional power.

chimp007_uk
05-03-08, 11:50 PM
i filled out a form on Flux's website the other day and they came back with a initial quote, then you have to speak to them to check things through...

best to call, but that was an xe nova. i tried a couple of companies and they said it was too heavily modified...

chimp007_uk
05-03-08, 11:51 PM
They'll then base their quote on the additional power.

all the companies i spoke to asked for flywheel power.

imnobby
12-03-08, 12:31 PM
wilson im in the same dilemma mate i have a 1.6 16v turbo and want to get it insured but it is not as easy as everyone makes out just have to spend ages ringin about or just pay loads of money lol there is your two choices

Jack
12-03-08, 01:06 PM
just have to spend ages ringin about or just pay loads of money lol there is your two choices
I'd have said that was the same thing, you ring about and still pay loads of money lol

There's only a limited number of insurance companies who are willing to deal with engine conversions (that includes slapping on a charger). As said, most will ask you for the power increase and base the premium increase on that. If in doubt, ring up various insurance companies, ask if they'll cover a car with engine modifications and go from there.

craig green
12-03-08, 01:06 PM
Shouldnt be any harder than insuring an XE tbh. Its merely a heavily modified Nova either way you look at it.

I had my turbo 1600 insured by adrian flux. Costing me about ?550 Fully comp back then.

Mike
12-03-08, 02:10 PM
Aye, was just about to say expect to pay the same premium for an XE at your age, XX years old (your age being any of us if we all had 1.6T's)