PDA

View Full Version : lost M.O.T

conad
05-03-08, 10:56 PM
iv lost my mot certificate (fool) and need it to get tax... what the hell can i do (apart from tax it online, it isnt working)

Ben
05-03-08, 11:03 PM
Need to take your logbook to any mot test station and give them the reg and logbook ref: number and they can search and reprint for you even if was orignally mot'd anywhere in the country.

conad
05-03-08, 11:15 PM
:thumb: nice 1

BIGS
05-03-08, 11:22 PM
yea its ok doing that but most places will charge anything from ?15 - ?30 for a new one to be printed. if its not working try it again as the website is always playing up or see if you can do it over the phone which im 90% sure you can nowadays

Ben
05-03-08, 11:35 PM
Ive never paid for a reprinted mot, and done loads but can imagine people do. But ?30 the test station pay less than ?2 for them.

BIGS
05-03-08, 11:39 PM
yea maybe you didnt i said most do not all. but there is one place down my way that charges ?35! at the end of the day if you need that bit of paper you will have to pay it

Adam
05-03-08, 11:40 PM
Do you not need the mot cert number to tax it online?

Lee
05-03-08, 11:46 PM
PM Saloony and see if he can bung you a reprint for a few quid.

Royston
06-03-08, 10:10 AM
You should be able to tax it with out, as the MOT is online and the post office check when they process it, did my range rover that way! no problem also - in theory you don't need an insurance cert, although I take mine any way

ade
07-03-08, 12:08 AM
you can tax without mot cert as the ref number they give you on the tax document confirm youve got a valid mot.

If however it refuses you because your car "appears not to be insured" dont panic - it's a glitch in the system. Call your insurer and get them to speak to their helpdesk to release set up the link to release the data to the dvla. Sometimes the link goes down...

It should update whenever you make a change to your policy or renew but it doesnt always work...

conad
08-03-08, 05:39 PM
all sorted now, i set my mum on the case..... she found it lol where would we be without mums eh